What do you think of this Integra (sedan)

CleanGSR

Found a nice Integra for sale and wondering what you guys think of the price/condition? I would have to essentially buy it sight unseen since it's a 7 hour drive (one way) and I'd have to get the loan before leaving. Looks like it runs well and in good condition with tasteful mods.

Any idea what's up with that radiator support? Why would it look like that....looks banged up, but not like you'd expect from a wreck.

3500 with those wheels seems reasonable to me, but what do I know.

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2436543

Oh, and yes....I really want a Wagovan, but they're nearly impossible to find without rust, and Adam's is out of my pricerange until I get tax money back (could never get a 4k loan for that car).

the interior on it is SUPER clean.

like you said, tasteful mods, good price.

radiator support looks like something was dropped on it.

makes me wonder if the motor was pulled at some point?

if it runs good, i think it's a good deal man. looks clean, he has a core support to replace it so i'd so go for it.

Looks pretty clean has the seller got back to you yet? (That was you "Cleanteg" right?) That radiator support does look kind off odd, maybe possible wreck or something. If thats the case with that miles if your'll still interested It be a nice bargining chip for a cheaper price. Doesn't look like he's having much luck selling it either.

If it wasn't for the loan I could go look at it and decide. The trip would only cost about 100 bucks counting gas and motel for one night. But.....I'd hate to make the trip twice and since I have to get a loan, I'd have to get the loan before leaving which pretty much locks me into buying it.

Edit: For the record, I'm not in a rush to buy a car, this one just sparked my interest being a clean, good running 3rd gen teg.

i dunno nate. ask for a carfax. it looks like it had front end damage and its auto.

I can live with the auto part. It will just be a daily driver and I'll probably go ahead and look for a wagovan next year as my "modding/make perfect" car.

Okay, I just got a message back from the guy with more info and pictures. There's some pretty good size dings and stuff on the driver's side. I think I'll probably hold off. I'm in no rush and don't want to get stuck with something I'll regret.

Looks pretty clean has the seller got back to you yet? (That was you "Cleanteg" right?) That radiator support does look kind off odd, maybe possible wreck or something.

Yeah I would say overall it's a pretty clean integra although nothing compared to the one you owned previously as I quite liked what you did with it.

I thought the same thing as Jerrod when I saw the rad support, but there's not too many ways to get a bend like that on the inside. If it was indeed an accident, it would mean equal pressure on both outsides of the front bumper to create more or less a 'v' effect and bend that piece. That would mean little to no pressure in the middle and a very rare accident if possible. Or in reverse, somebody banging something from the inside directly into the middle of the rad support quite hard which I think would be a task on it's own.

Yeah I would say overall it's a pretty clean integra although nothing compared to the one you owned previously as I quite liked what you did with it.

I thought the same thing as Jerrod when I saw the rad support, but there's not too many ways to get a bend like that on the inside. If it was indeed an accident, it would mean equal pressure on both outsides of the front bumper to create more or less a 'v' effect and bend that piece. That would mean little to no pressure in the middle and a very rare accident if possible. Or in reverse, somebody banging something from the inside directly into the middle of the rad support quite hard which I think would be a task on it's own.

that's why i'm thinking the motor was pulled and dropped on it :thumbsup:

They guy said he's not sure what happened and he thinks someone backed into the bumper in a parking lot....he replaced the bumper but not the rad support since the hood still closed and all. Sounds a little fishy to me.

agreed. it would've had to have been a lifted truck with ball hitch or commercial truck/machinery to do that oddity IMHO

Oh and he said it didn't damage the hood. At the portion of the rad support that is damaged, it would have had to damage the hood if it was from a frontal impact.

exactly. the motor's been out. trans problems? maybe.

exactly. the motor's been out. trans problems? maybe.

Oh well....I guess it doesn't matter too much since I'm gonna pass on it. If it was local to me I'd look at it and maybe lowball him with 3grand with both sets of wheels. Not worth the hassle though with the distance.

that's why i'm thinking the motor was pulled and dropped on it :thumbsup:

Yeah I could see your thought there but I don't think that's possible unless the motor was swinging back and fourth. That's pretty much what it would need to bend that piece that much as just moving the motor, etc. forward would bend it but not to that extent. I only say that as it's more indented towards the front of the car as opposed to downward as well as forward to the front.

I don't even think it's possible for someone who backed into him to create that kind of bend. I would have to agree that the whole car doesn't sound on the level.

My thought is that since the hood release latch is also bent upward that someone tried to pry the hood open. Engine swap wouldn't bend a lever up and at the same time bend the rest of the sheet metal down. Maybe the release cable broke or someone tried to steal the engine at some point.

Other then the dings you mentioned it does look nice.

My thought is that since the hood release latch is also bent upward that someone tried to pry the hood open. Engine swap wouldn't bend a lever up and at the same time bend the rest of the sheet metal down. Maybe the release cable broke or someone tried to steal the engine at some point.

Other then the dings you mentioned it does look nice.

good observation :thumbsup:

i think you nailed it on the head.

Archived