retrofit

C92hatchX

New? Nowhere. They aren't a production item. The only ways to get retrofit headlights is to 1. Make them yourself, or 2. Buy them from somebody who made them themselves.

Edit: And expect to pay $400-800 for a set regardless of which route you go.

New? Nowhere. They aren't a production item. The only ways to get retrofit headlights is to 1. Make them yourself, or 2. Buy them from somebody who made them themselves.

Edit: And expect to pay $400-800 for a set regardless of which route you go.

damn, thats lame why dont they sell them?, and i guess id be better off getting halo projectors then

damn, thats lame why dont they sell them?, and i guess id be better off getting halo projectors then

Yeah, halo projectors are horrible. Much, much worse light output than a stock housing and if you throw a set of HID's into halo projectors you will have just as bad of light scatter as a stock housing (or probably even worse).

You need the projectors, ballasts, bulbs, wiring, etc.... from a factory HID car such as an S2000, TSX, Mercedes, BMW, etc.... Then you have to put your stock housings in an oven to seperate the lens from the housing. Then you have to cut a hole in the housing to mount the projector through (but not all the way through). Somehow you have to make the projector stay in place (not sure how that's done) and seal up the rear, seal the lenses back on. Plus you'll want to make sure the projector's are the same on each light and that they are level.

HA this is gonna be fun!, is there a site that explains exactly what to do?

Yes

Do a google search for retrofit projector's and you'll find a bunch of how-to's with pictures. I found one done on a late model prelude that was a good writeup.

alright thanks, and if anyone knows anyone with them already made and dosent want them anymore let me know

Lol.....I almost bought a set for my accord already done for 400 bucks + my stock housings. I kicked myself for passing it up. Sure as heck glad now that I didn't do that.

That looks like a scam/ripoff deal.

Nah, Andys Auto Sport is a decent retailer... as long as you're not trying to ask customer service to cancel your order >_<

Customer service is great if they contact you. That's a big 'if'.

Yeah....if I was doing this, I'd probably buy some ebay projector headlights (or just standard clear ones), remove the lenses, cut out the reflector and install the retrofit projector in it's place. This way you don't screw up your stock housing if you ever want to switch back or something.

Yeah....if I was doing this, I'd probably buy some ebay projector headlights (or just standard clear ones), remove the lenses, cut out the reflector and install the retrofit projector in it's place. This way you don't screw up your stock housing if you ever want to switch back or something.

Either some eBays or another set of stockers (I'd go with whatever was cheaper... which would probably be some used stock ones).

Archived