I Hear The Ocean When I Drive.

Repsol

Okay, when I take turns, It sounds like an ocean under my rear bins. I'm not sure where the water is coming from but it sloshes around after every little turn I make. What's the problem, and how can I fix it? :D

Okay, when I take turns, It sounds like an ocean under my rear bins. I'm not sure where the water is coming from but it sloshes around after every little turn I make. What's the problem, and how can I fix it? :D

those bins aren't the gas tanks.. :thumbsup:

I've heard of a couple of possibilities when it comes to this noise.

One is that your rear window was smashed in the past and the glass shards fell in the space where the window slides up and down. When you turn the shards would slide side to side more or less and make a noise.

Another option is your drainage pipe below the back window is blocked up and you have an excess amount of water in there somehow which obviously would sound like an ocean swooshing back and fourth when turning.

Only way to really fix either is to remove all rear bins and panels and unscrew the one metal wall to see if there is anything in there. It's not even close to an easy option but it's the only way to be sure.

I know it's water because when we have long weeks without rain, it's not there. Once it rains, it's there for a week or two, sometimes three. It sucks.

had the same problem, it's really not that hard to fix.

the cause is the drain tubes under your plastic pieces (the 2 adjoining the third brake light cover) have become clogged. gonna have to pop those pieces off CAREFULLY and clean the hoses out.

to get the water out, gotta pull the rear bins and whatever other trim pieces are necessary to get back there. IIRC you also have to unbolt the the rear window assembly. Suck the water up with a shop-vac or use a lot of rags :thumbsup:

It's really a simple process, but I've become a pro at taking the interior trim out of a sol :D

had the same problem, it's really not that hard to fix.

the cause is the drain tubes under your plastic pieces (the 2 adjoining the third brake light cover) have become clogged. gonna have to pop those pieces off CAREFULLY and clean the hoses out.

Close. While there are drain hoses in the positions you're talking about I think Kris got it pegged on the separate drain tubes under the rear window in the cab. You'll just have to clean the silt/leaves/crud out of there before you replace your interior. Be careful how you clean them out or you could end up poking/ripping a hole in the tube which will lead to drainage inside the body and will rust the f*ck out of it.

Close. While there are drain hoses in the positions you're talking about I think Kris got it pegged on the separate drain tubes under the rear window in the cab. You'll just have to clean the silt/leaves/crud out of there before you replace your interior. Be careful how you clean them out or you could end up poking/ripping a hole in the tube which will lead to drainage inside the body and will rust the f*ck out of it.

could you either explain or get a pic of the drain hoses you're referring to? i believe you, trust me :thumbsup:

you helped me on SS when i had the same problem!

Archived