Sol rebuild opinions??

diablo2dusk

ok so i have been conveniently blessed with the '93 1.5l automatic...i have a good amount of money invested into it with the body rims, etc. I havnt done anything really to engine yet. Ultimately i want to get a manual swap and a race ready b18. Im slowly gonna build the b18 and make it bulletproof so when i do swap i wont need to worry about it when boosting. this is probobly going to take over a year or so to complete. In the meantime i am really at a loss for power and was thinking of doing the tranny swap and a cheap turbo kit till i finish the build. And yes i know a cheap ebay kit will def. not be anywhere near top of the line but its temporary for me. I also only have just turned over to 60k miles on it. I still have a ton to learn about this so if anyone has any input hit me with it. thanks...

If your really going to engine swap don't waste money on buying parts for your current engine, especially if your going from a d to a because parts don't really transfer well. I mean at best you could use some of your turbo parts but just seems like a waste to me.

Catback and intake if you haven't already, that'll give you a slight increase in power... Maybe upgrade spark plugs. Do D-series headers work with B-series? If so, that could give you another small increase. Apart from that... You'd probably just be throwing money away on stuff that'll be obselete when you swap.

Catback and intake if you haven't already, that'll give you a slight increase in power... Maybe upgrade spark plugs. Do D-series headers work with B-series? If so, that could give you another small increase. Apart from that... You'd probably just be throwing money away on stuff that'll be obselete when you swap.

No! :thumbsup:

Manual swap and D-16Z6! :thumbsup: With one of SSR gearsets! :drool:

would knocking out my cat be beneficial at all for my low end as of right now? i did it on the wrangler i used to have and i noticed a difference in my low end.

It may add a horse or two, but to answer your question, no, you won't notice a difference.

Archived