Hondata S300

I just picked one up earlier this evening. Does anyone have any experience using it? Can I really plug it into my laptop and mess with stuff? I have NO experience with tuning. But I'm willing to learn.

Is there a site I can download base-maps off of? I don't know what kind of calibration is written on this s300, but it wouldn't keep my d16z6 running. The guy I got it from had an LS vtec with ITBs. I want to put a regular d16z6 base map on it to start out with. Or possibly a b18c1 base-map so I can use it in "hatch one" and have it tuned after my upgrades.

I wouldn't download a basemap if there are any available. If the engines are stock don't bother putting it on. Tuning it yourself you'll either A) blow your engine or B) make less power than stock or have worse drivability than stock.

I just want to test to make sure this thing works. So I want to put a stock basemap and see if it runs without issue. Oh and there is an intake and exhaust on "hatch 3" (d16z6).

PS: I just picked up a blox intake mani for my gsr! :D I paid $100 and the guy delivered it. It's already got fuel rail and injectors too, so I can recoup a few bucks selling those.

Well wouldn't loading a stock d16z6 base-map onto the ecu be the right thing to do to run it on a stock d16z6? Wouldn't this be a way to test the unit to make sure it works? It's on a p28. I don't see what the big deal is.

If you have it you probably already paid for it. Just build your motor however you please, then take the car and ecu/hondata components to a professional tuner. You will be much happier with the results.

If you have it you probably already paid for it. Just build your motor however you please, then take the car and ecu/hondata components to a professional tuner. You will be much happier with the results.

Actually I paid half. I need to test it and then pay the other half if it's good or get my half back if not.

I'm getting on hondataforums.net about this.

if you want help from someone who actually knows how to use it , let me know. theres no way for you to tune cause you need a wideband first. go to hondata's website , download Smanager. install it on your computer. once installed , start it up. go to file/open , Smanager will come with base maps , select whats closest to your engine/setup , in your case , it will be the calibration stockp28. with Smanager , its real time , you can make adjustments while car is running and operating , unlike my Kpro which is flash programmable , when i make changes and want to put them in effect , i turn car off , write the ecu , and start it again.

with your laptop plugged into car and engine running , have Smanager open , have the stockp28 calibration open , upload to the ecu. theres an arrow pointing up , click it. youl see on the left a list of all sensors in the car , any one of which you can datalog. once you get a wideband , youl wire its signal to a certain pin of the ecu , most likely ELD but im not 100% , and be able to datalog it as well. the S300 is the bomb for obd1 ecu's imo. theres nothing better.

any questions , let me know. i can tune your car for you over this site or email , lol. save your datalogs , send them to me , ill make adjustments and sand the calibration back , pload it to the ecu , datalog again.

Thanks Cranny. That's a very generous offer, but I'm planning to have my car dyno tuned with it when I'm ready. And as far as the S manager, I actually downloaded it a couple days ago but just tonight had the time to actually read through the contents of the "Help" section. Coincidentally, I learned how to do it about an hour before I read this post. But isn't that how it always goes? lol

Thanks again.

S MANAGER:

Because calibrations are stored independently from the program code for the ECU, program changes for the ECU are automatically applied whenever when you upload a calibration to an ECU.

To update a calibration in an ECU:

1. Load the calibration file into SManager

2. Upload the calibration into the ECU. Any ECU program changes are automatically applied.

has nothing to do with how high he can rev or gearing , or the powerband , stop making it complicated , lol. your engines usable power band will be based on cam profile and compression mostly. using a dyno to tune the engines valve overlap is just another way to squeeze more power out of it. explain valve overlap to us SSR? lol. adjustable cam gears on a single overhead cam engine are pointless. does absolutely nothing at all. you need 2 cams and the adustability of both to change valve overlap.

Only thing a cam gear does on a SOHC is allow you to degree the cam in, which doesn't do jack with a stock cam as it is already set. That and allow you to move the cam so as not to get p2v interference (which is extremely hard to do in a pump gas SOHC no matter what cam and pistons you have).

The s300 is going on my B18c1. I only wanted to test it on the d16z6. That's why I wanted to load the p28 stock map.

The cam gears I have are for the B-series. I've also got a blox intake manifold, header, cai, and am getting a throttle body and good cat-back.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a calibration to increase hp on a bonestock (or close to it) b18c1?

A stated below, I've actually got a cai and 4-2-1 DC header at the moment.

I'll be installing a blox intake mani some time soon.

Is there anything I can put on this s300 to make any more power?

Tune it.

I was thinking maybe some one had already gone through the trouble and saved a cal.

I know it won't be absolutely optimal for my particular setup, but there's gotta be a basic i/h/e cal. I would think.

I mean there are a lot of saved calibrations here:

http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewforum.php...4787f0ce56a33c1

Archived