1994 Acura Integra Build Thread.

Repsol

Alrighty, picked the car up for $600 with a snapped timing belt. Buddy of mine came over and put it back together. Nothing was bent. The guy that sold it said he went to start it and heard a noise, it never actually started. Here's pictures of the timing belt job. I gave the car to my gf.

Few Pics Of The Car.

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

Rebuild.

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

And Brandon aka Sol less sol. He's way better than the butthead that used to be on here.

DSC00781.jpg

And The battery is still good. :D

DSC00782.jpg

First attempt to start it. The plug wires were in the wrong place. Got all of that aligned up a few days later. Replaced the plugs, distributor cap, the button inside was completely gone. Now when you try to start it, it sounds great. no ticking, no tapping, it just won't completely start. It ran for like 3 secs and cut back out. The distributor I think is shot. The part that slides into the cam, you can wobble it back and forth. That can't be good. Now to get a new one, and see how that does.

• 2 weeks later...

my bros car, almost exactly like yours, but ours has the jdm type-rfront and fat fives, and we swappin a gsr moto

me and my lil bro are working on his car, we are troubing having the same issuse. except we replaced the dizzy. i hope you get it running faster then us.

Edited by VR17

Does anybody know why it won't start? Could it be the dizzy? I'm thinking it could be that, not enough compression in cylinders, or the timing is off a tooth or two.

The part that slides into shaft only fits one way. I've tried it the other way to make sure, and it doesn't go all the way in, unless you have to force it. Other than that, the car ran before the timing belt snapped. I don't see why it wouldn't now when everything is back together.

The part that slides into shaft only fits one way. I've tried it the other way to make sure, and it doesn't go all the way in, unless you have to force it. Other than that, the car ran before the timing belt snapped. I don't see why it wouldn't now when everything is back together.

That wasn't the case on my old Civic, at least I think anyways. That was several years ago when I had to replace the distributor. Anyway, I watched your video, and when it caught there for a second, it almost sounded like a little backfire. Either the timing is off some, or when the belt snapped it did indeed bend something. Have you done a compression/leakdown test yet?

Edit: I'm thinking you jumped time. That 1 picture above of the cams and timing belt, that belt looks pretty loose. It should be tight against the cams.

Edited by Kastigir

He's found the only other car that could possibly be slower than his. >_>

LOLOLOLZ. JFWY.

Have you tried a new distributor yet?

Actually, it's probably still faster. Remember his Sol is an autotragic. :p

Even in my LS Coupe I was able to take del sol's..

Ummm...I think we're talking about the same thing. The Integra will be faster than his Sol because it's autotragic.

Wait, you guys didn't reuses the head bolts did you?

Yes, everything was taken apart, and put back the same way. The car doesn't make the same noise in the video anymore, it turns over without any weird sounds, just won't start. It sounded like that because i'm guessing he messed with the firing order on the plugs. We put them the way they're supposed to go, and it sounds just fine now.

Yes, everything was taken apart, and put back the same way. The car doesn't make the same noise in the video anymore, it turns over without any weird sounds, just won't start. It sounded like that because i'm guessing he messed with the firing order on the plugs. We put them the way they're supposed to go, and it sounds just fine now.

But did you guys reuse the head bolts?

Bad move. Those are "torque to yield" bolts. Once used they're finished. I would go get a new set of head bolts, and recheck the cam timing. That belt looked awfully loose, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's jumped time. Also, compression/leakdown test.

Well the pictures were taken before we were actually done. The belt is nice and snug now. The timing is perfect. After installed, rotated twice, and they both lined up exactly so, it's either distributor or compression. From what you're saying about the head bolts, i'm thinking compression now.

Okay, so we got the car running today. Distributor is fine, plug wires are fine. Checked the fuel filter, that looks brand new. It's getting fuel. He shocked the injectors, put my battery in it. It takes a little to get started, it'll start, it stays running giving it gas, but when you let off the gas, it just dies down. Going to drain the gas tank tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I'm thinking old gas might have play in this. Changing the oil, wiped the dipstick off and it has a little bit of beading from where i'm guessing there's a tad of coolant in there. Going to change the fluids, new battery, and see if it'll stay running.