fellow xbox owners

yeah, it updated. everything is all shiny and new. takes some getting used to, thats for sure.

you can install your games on your HD now so you no longer need the disc. i know you could download them before, but now there is no need.

bring your xbox and games so i can install them without having to buy them.

you can install your games on your HD now so you no longer need the disc.

You can install games to the HD but you still need the disc to run the game. The install is meant to decrease load times. Your xbox will also be much more quiet during play because your disc won't be spinning.

In some cases though, installing to the HD can actually hurt load times. The primary example of that is on Halo 3 and other games that were optimized for the 360.

I love the new update though, it's a bit akward at first but the avatars are awesome and it's pretty slick overall :thumbsup:

Damn it I dont have it yet cause people stole my cable. Is it pretty sweet? Also if you can really install on HD that makes having a Gamefly account 1000X better now. Thats sweet.

Im just wondering how they're going to sell any games now though... I mean how much space does a game take on your HD? Cause i got 120gig HD and it I've only used 1/12th of that.

Damn it I dont have it yet cause people stole my cable. Is it pretty sweet? Also if you can really install on HD that makes having a Gamefly account 1000X better now. Thats sweet.

Im just wondering how they're going to sell any games now though... I mean how much space does a game take on your HD? Cause i got 120gig HD and it I've only used 1/12th of that.

I already installed Gears 2 and Saint's Row 2 at 6.8gb each and takes about 5 minutes.

You still need the disc to play the game. If you try to play the game without the disc in the tray it'll just say 'Please insert Gears of War 2.' or something like that

Yeah I mean i see the benefits but I probably wont use it much. I have my TV up way loud so I dont hear my 360, and I use load times as breaks to check HF's and my other forums I post on lol.

Yeah I mean i see the benefits but I probably wont use it much. I have my TV up way loud so I dont hear my 360, and I use load times as breaks to check HF's and my other forums I post on lol.

Yea, it's definitely not enough to make people run out and pay $150+ for 120gb hard drives, at least it shouldn't be :laugh:

Idk they probably will sell alot more Hard drives now lol. But I got the best of the best cause I traded my old (broken Premium) for an Elite, got $250 on the broken premium towards the Elite, and I had some other stuff not a bad deal I thought lol.

Actually its lame, I dont really like it, layout is cool, avatar concept is just cheezy they had to copy Wii, but I dont like the menu system anymore than the last...seems like microsoft is trying to hard now.....sony's system layout is wayyyy better, and when HOME comes out its pretty much going to kill off live cause its going to be free and dedicated servers

WAIT A SECOND! Homes going to come out? I thought that was a Myth!!! Cause honestly its been over 2 years now since it was first staged for a beta release lol... Sorry for the PS3 hating but I think sony has an EPIC FAIL on their hands with the PS3. PS2 rocked no doubt but PS3 needs some work done lol, Better luck next time. Even if home comes out and is something amazing, we're getting close to where the next generations going to start building hype.

But I do agree "The New xbox experience" was a letdown. The old "Blades" where way easier to navigate and its not just because I'm used to it either. The avatars are fine I mean gives you a little personalization with your gamertag over just what picture you like as your GP. It be really cool if the achievements or gamerscore you had could unlock content for your character. Say example if you beat Halo 3 or 1000/1000 GS you could wear a master chief costume, or something.

Be a nice addition to a somewhat boring addition.

It be really cool if the achievements or gamerscore you had could unlock content for your character. Say example if you beat Halo 3 or 1000/1000 GS you could wear a master chief costume, or something.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

I think they should rip the bomberman system :thumbsup:

WAIT A SECOND! Homes going to come out? I thought that was a Myth!!! Cause honestly its been over 2 years now since it was first staged for a beta release lol... Sorry for the PS3 hating but I think sony has an EPIC FAIL on their hands with the PS3. PS2 rocked no doubt but PS3 needs some work done lol, Better luck next time. Even if home comes out and is something amazing, we're getting close to where the next generations going to start building hype.

But I do agree "The New xbox experience" was a letdown. The old "Blades" where way easier to navigate and its not just because I'm used to it either. The avatars are fine I mean gives you a little personalization with your gamertag over just what picture you like as your GP. It be really cool if the achievements or gamerscore you had could unlock content for your character. Say example if you beat Halo 3 or 1000/1000 GS you could wear a master chief costume, or something.

Actually something close to that will be happening in the few weeks with microsoft, they will be releasing a gears of war outfit for your character so basically they will eventually do that.

Archived