Totaled my Accord

CleanGSR

Yeah, so I really haven't felt like talking about it, but I totaled my accord this past Thursday on my way to work. Basically I think my light was green and the other guy thinks his was green. One of us ran it red, but I don't know if there were witnesses or not. Basically we'll probably have to both claim it on our own insurances. My insurance tried to give me 3200 for my car which I told them a big NO so I'm waiting to hear their next offer. They had me send 2 dealer quotes in on replacing my car and they came out at 4500 for one and 4800 on another for the cheapest price the dealers would sell it for. We'll see what they come back with. Oh and I got to make my SECOND payment on the car today. As if things haven't sucked and been hard enough lately, this happens. I'll probably have to share my wife's car for awhile which will be a headache, but .....what can you do. Anyway, I'm not really looking for sympathy, just wanted to let my HF family know and if I"m not around as much it's because this whole ordeal has kind of thrown me out of the "car mood".

Sorry to hear about it, Nate. It's a crapty time for you to have this happen, even more now that the holidays are coming. Are there any cameras set up at the lights?

Hf... a car forum? What is this nonsense?

Sorry to hear about it, Nate. It's a crapty time for you to have this happen, even more now that the holidays are coming. Are there any cameras set up at the lights?

Hf... a car forum? What is this nonsense?

No cameras at that stoplight. I seriously remember seeing green but the more I look back the more I question myself since things get fuzzy now. My wife says that's normal for me to question it after time goes by, so whatever I guess.

Well, my wife and I aren't going to be able to get each other gifts this year because money is so tight and the money I'm getting for Christmas that I was going to use toward camera gear might have to go toward the car loss.

We are going to try and get by with one car (horribly tough with opposite schedules) until we get our tax refunds in feb-march. Then we'll just use the tax refund to pay cash for a beater in the sub-3000 price range.

I think the best thing out of all of this was that you had sold that beautiful GSR and bought the lesser Accord. So at least you didn't have to witness that beautiful machine all crumpled and bruised.

You, my friend, forgot to turn off your sh!t-magnet. You really should remember to flip that switch.

Sorry about your bad luck.

No cameras at that stoplight. I seriously remember seeing green but the more I look back the more I question myself since things get fuzzy now. My wife says that's normal for me to question it after time goes by, so whatever I guess.

Well, my wife and I aren't going to be able to get each other gifts this year because money is so tight and the money I'm getting for Christmas that I was going to use toward camera gear might have to go toward the car loss.

We are going to try and get by with one car (horribly tough with opposite schedules) until we get our tax refunds in feb-march. Then we'll just use the tax refund to pay cash for a beater in the sub-3000 price range.

Your wife is absolutely correct. With the passing of time, paired with the other guy's claims, it's only natural.

Rather than buying gifts, perhaps you two should simply spend some time together. See if a friend or family member could take Brandon for a night or even a few hours and share a dinner at home or find some local things to do that are free that you can enjoy together.

It sucks, but everything will work itself out and you guys will be fine so try not to stress over it too much. It doesn't sound as though you were hurt, so the most important part is okay.

Sorry to hear it man, probably the worst time it could've happened :( Hang in there friend!

I know it will all work out :thumbsup:

I understand man. Sucks this kinda stuff keeps happening to HFers

isn't this the truth! Nate's Accord, Otis' cv joint, my water pump. Not going well

Nate you and your wife should definitely just spend the night one on one. cook up something fun but easy for dinner and just enjoy time together. my gf and i have been doing it pretty often lately instead of giving gifts cuz college is expensive. i think that those special times together are better than any gifts.

Sorry to hear it man, probably the worst time it could've happened :( Hang in there friend!

I know it will all work out :thumbsup:

isn't this the truth! Nate's Accord, Otis' cv joint, my water pump. Not going well

you can add my grandparents house to the sh*t list, was burned to the ground Sunday morning in the southern California fires. they were on vacation in Europe and now they don't have anything to come home to but a bunch of pictures and documents my aunt managed to grab before she was kicked out by the firemen.

damn nate, sorry to hear about it. man.

have you seen a doctor yet, you should get checkup to make sure that youre not hurting anywhere.

keep your head up man. if you need any help with anything, let me know

Thanks everybody. I didn't go to the doctor. I think I bruised some ribs and all they'd tell me to do is to take it easy which I"ve been doing. My right side ribs still hurt a little, but it's not horrible pain so I know they're not cracked. Anyway, I'll be fine in time.

Yeah, I'm definitely glad I was alone in my car. We will probably try and do the "alone time" instead of gifts. We haven't had any time without Brandon since this past Valentine's day and even that was only for a few hours that night for dinner.

Same thing happened to me back when I totaled my Prelude, that is what really happened gets clouded with what other people say and you just being in awe about it, etc. Sorry to hear about it, seems like when it rains it poors for you. Shame though, you'll get through it though I got through my stump Its hard I know. Holiday season and recession obviously doesn't help with anything and Im sure your problems are alot more complex than just those two things. Wish you luck man!

Yet my Ford TRUCK continues spinning like a top.

Sorry to hear it Nate Dogg.

Okay. The agent called me back and said their new offer was 3845 and some change. I had previously told her that I needed at least 4k to settle. She said that they give her $200 to play with as an agent so she could get it to 4045 for me. So, I'm settling for that....after my deductible I'll get 3545 and I owe around 3700 so I'll only have to pay a $150-180ish difference.

Regarding the replacement car, I found a Wagovan with 13x,xxx miles that runs great, great condition, no rust, and local for 2700. I'm just not sure if it's still available. If it is, then that will possibly be the accords replacement and then we'll pay it off in Feb with the tax refund money.

EDIT: I haven't told the wife about the wagovan yet (she friggin' hates them), but I need a cheap 4 door daily driver/beater car, so hopefully she won't object too much.

awesome to hear man. the wagovan wouldn't be a bad replacement, i know you don't have any plans for it right now, but they can be very nice looking car. The one you're describing sounds clean, hope it works out for you :thumbsup:

Wow, man, so sorry to hear about that! I totally missed your thread cuz it was in the Accord forum but as soon as I saw your post about totaling your car in the gas thread I found it.

Sucks that neither you nor the other driver can be found at fault, since I feel like it was prolly the other guy's doing, knowing you a bit and all. Still, perhaps this is God's way of helping you out -- who knows, maybe it would have been your fault after all? I'm not saying that I think it is or anthing, just saying sometimes what seems like a curse may be a blessing. Hopefully you'll find out exactly how soon enough.

Wow, man, so sorry to hear about that! I totally missed your thread cuz it was in the Accord forum but as soon as I saw your post about totaling your car in the gas thread I found it.

Sucks that neither you nor the other driver can be found at fault, since I feel like it was prolly the other guy's doing, knowing you a bit and all. Still, perhaps this is God's way of helping you out -- who knows, maybe it would have been your fault after all? I'm not saying that I think it is or anthing, just saying sometimes what seems like a curse may be a blessing. Hopefully you'll find out exactly how soon enough.

Good way to look at things :thumbsup:

I like this guy

(no homo)

Archived