odd idle problem

I have a 1999 honda civic si, which i recently put on a skunk2 intake manifold and 65mm edelbrock throttle body on. I installed the intake manifold the night before i got the throttle body. With the skunk2 intake manifold and stock throttle body the car runs great. when i added the edelbrock throttle body on the cars idle constantly surges from 1,000-2,000 rpms when at a idle. The throttle body came with a new gasket which i installed with it. a honda tech said it could be the gasket and to try to use the stock gasket....same problem still...throttle cable is adjusted correctly. new tps and map sensor also new iac valve... any ideas?

if not that try the intake mani gasket. try putting the stock throttle body on the new manifold, and see if that works if it does then theres something wrong with the new throttle body, if the problem continues its most likely the gasket or a vacuum line like said above

intake manifold gasket is about 2 months old. all lines are checked and double checked and hooked up properly. i can't find any leaks either. The idle screw just causes it to jump at a higher rpm. is there anyway that the ecu might need to be reset? has anyone else had problems with elelbrock throttle bodies? i was also to i could possibly have too much vacume?

ive seen this problem countless times now with these aftermarket intakes. they arent worth the hassle imo. ave you switched back to the stock TB after the new one and it still runs fine? if it does , the problem is in your fuel map possibly. if your running a stock ecu , that could be the problem.

ive also seen TB gaskets that dont line up with the TB or intake manny ports properly causing a vacuum leak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived