Del Sol whats it worth?

da69cote

Heres a few pics of the del sol has been through a small restoration no rust heres whats included:

1995 Del Sol 230k on body

unknown on actual motor but runs great

jdm 1 piece headlights

17" rims with new toyo proxes

buddy club body kit

axle back exhaust

c/f hood, trunk and rear garnish

jl 500/1 amp and jl 10w7

This is just a little theres a lot more but just through out some numbers let me know what its worth or what you think its worth.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/da69cote/Pets104.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/da69cote/Pets101.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/da69cote/Pets103.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/da69cote/Pets100.jpg

Wow... after that, I feel REALLY stupid for paying $2800 for mine... even with the new lights (which won't fit until I straighten.. some part of the front), and new bumper cover(unpainted).... And here I thought that one might be worth $3k-$4k depending on what engine is in it... d'oh >_<

In all seriousness, the car looks beautiful, if a bit ricey for my taste. Follow Pearce and Rick's advice, they know what they're talking about.

Edited by Orca89

Wow... after that, I feel REALLY stupid for paying $2800 for mine... even with the new lights (which won't fit until I straighten.. some part of the front), and new bumper cover(unpainted).... And here I thought that one might be worth $3k-$4k depending on what engine is in it... d'oh >_<

Well I will let you know what it is really worth with more info, from this guy! :thumbsup:

Well I will let you know what it is really worth with more info, from this guy! :thumbsup:

Trying to save a bit of me ego huh? Hmmm... better ego = better chance of getting a job = more money = buying headlights from you? I think I see your logic in all of this. :devil:

What would I pay for it definitly no more than $2500 as Rick said. In most cases when you "mod" a car to an extent it doesn't really help the value, in some instances it may hurt the value because people look at it and say that it was some kid street racer that beat on the car.

Again not my taste, alot of miles, etc. But then again each to his or her own and you could possibly find someone interesting in a car looking like that who would pay some money.

yeah the unknown mileage on the motor really hurts your sale. you would probably make more money, selling the cf parts separate, along with the JL sub, if its really a W7 you could get some decent money for that. the color is really nice though, but because of the motor, dont be expecting to get much for it

Yeah I figured as much I basically own the car for nothing and just did all the body work on it. I "riced" it out only so that some young kid with some money couldn't keep his eyes off of it and is a must have. As far as the body goes theres no rust I've in fact put new quarters on each side as you all know they rot out from the bottom of the quarters. But the whole body's been blasted skimmed and block sanded. So the way I figure it if some kid out of high school see this especially with the c/f jdm lights and system(by the way its a real W7! not a w6 or rip off its the real deal) But I do appreciate the responses this is not my daily driver strictly built this to sell it and continue my other project. Thanks for the replies might see this on ebay shortly.

Trying to save a bit of me ego huh ? Hmmm... better ego = better chance of getting a job = more money = buying headlights from you? I think I see your logic in all of this.:devil:

Stock Del Sols usually sell better then modified ones. You posted info about your car before you bought it. I was one of the people posting in your thread. You paid a decent price for it so don't fret.

The #1 problem is that a body kit automatically rules out better then 1/2 your potential buyers, maybe even 3/4. Then you also have a high mileage chassis with an unknown engine. If you can do the work yourself you might get a better price if you replaced the engine with a known mileage and history engine and sold off your current one. Someone else here said it before I did: The CF parts and such are not really helping your sale. If you have the originals put them on and sell your bolt on items separately through a Honda community site, CL or eBay.

Stock Del Sols usually sell better then modified ones. You posted info about your car before you bought it. I was one of the people posting in your thread. You paid a decent price for it so don't fret.

Even considering the $1500 in repairs? Another $400 based on what the shop out in the middle of nowhere wanted to add? And the JDM engine swap with unsure mileage? (70kish, real accurate there skippy...)

Yeah, based on appearances I did ok... although missing the stock shift knob and rims kinda sucked.. He had them at some point... I'm gonna stop ranting now...

Bump on selling JDM lights and CF on ebay, offer them with the car as well, but for extra.

You are driving an 15-ish year old car. If you did not anticipate a bunch or repairs then you probably bought the wrong car. Just about everyone here has dropped a ton of money on their sol. The key is finding a proper base for the repairs to start from. This one here isn't a bad choice, it just has some things that make it a very narrow market car.