No Low Beams!!!

thavionhawk

I just got this 88 Accord LXi for $950, I have planed on giving it some shop time for a tune up, but first things first I had to replace one of the Headlamps. I hit up Shucks and got a set of Sylvania Silverstars, and installed the lights and all went well.

If this was all I had to do I would not have to post here.

Even before I did the lights I saw that the headlights only worked when the brights were sulected, so I fifured that the Lamps had dead Lowbeam bulbs. Sadly the problem is now biger as I installed the best and britest I could buy and still have no low beam. Cops around here(Corvallis, OR) hate high beams and have pulled my friend over twise for runing his highbeams past them.

I think the problem is a short in the low beem surket, and yes before any one thinks I'm some sort of nube I checked the fuse's first thing after the the lamps.

It could be that the master switch is mest up, but I dont think so. Any ideas please post them I don't wont to spend mony fixing it if its an easy fix.

PS>

The Lamps only flip up if I used the brights or the dash sulecter, and they only go down when the lights were turned off.

take out the bulbs and see if the low beam filament is blown.

headlight bulbs have two filaments, one of high and one for low.

it wont be a fuse problem because both the high and low beams are run off of the one headlight fuse.

Archived