Smokin Alt.

Put a reman alternator on lmy 1990 Accord last night, started her up and let sit to charge the battery when I noticed my ALternator smokin. Im almost certain that it is the reman alternator i put on is bad, but if anyone has a different idea of what it could be i would appreciate it.

Put a reman alternator on lmy 1990 Accord last night, started her up and let sit to charge the battery when I noticed my ALternator smokin. Im almost certain that it is the reman alternator i put on is bad, but if anyone has a different idea of what it could be i would appreciate it.

How dead was the battery, when you put on the new alternator?

It was pretty dead but we put jumper cables on to charge my battery first. It was not completely dead just deasd enough to not start of or keep the motor running.

Probably fried your alt right there, not that it probably wasn't already bad. When you put a new alt on, you shouldn't have it charge a completely dead battery.