Anyone pick it up this week? I herd it was good but to broke to buy. so i was just wondering what everyone thought of it. i kno cod4 was great game.

Yeah I heard it was awesome but lately my friend has been playing Gears of war 2 so he has yet to buy the COD game.

i will own everyone at cod4.

when i get another xbox....

Please I will own you so bad, Your just a noob who talks alot of talk. haha.

Yeah I would own everybody on the forum but both of my xbox 360's crapped out on me. So I gotta buy a third one.... I remember playing you rick at one time. and I killed you. haha.

i will own everyone at cod4.

when i get another xbox....

No you wont, hell no, we've proven that when i jumped in you match a long time ago...

actually bring anyone from HF for that matter and i will make you put your controller down lol

BTW call of duty 5 is pretty good, same game play as 4 just now juggernaut is worse because its way better, but besides that I like the pack of dogs instead of a helicopter!

No you wont, hell no, we've proven that when i jumped in you match a long time ago...

actually bring anyone from HF for that matter and i will make you put your controller down lol

BTW call of duty 5 is pretty good, same game play as 4 just now juggernaut is worse because its way better, but besides that I like the pack of dogs instead of a helicopter!

oh man a pack of dogs instead of the helicopter, that must be insane. When I play that helicopter is always flyiing for me. I would love to play you and kill you.

When I kill you, you won't put down the controller, you will throw it. haha.

COD:WAW is awesome. And Im not gonna push my own buttons but I am more than holding my own if not half my team lol. But yeah great game I'd recommend it to EVERY shooter fan definitely.

pfft. you played me when i was playing with a handicap. trying to keep my friends alive that were on the same team.

yah cod4 is awesome i really never had played any of the gears but always herd they where good.

I played COD5, it's pretty good but I don't think it's worth another $60+ since I already have COD4

It's basically the same gameplay as COD4 with some subtle changes and set back in WW2. Infinity Ward (makers of COD2 and 4) are the real innovators in the series, Treyarch butchered part 3 and imho didn't do enough to make this installment stand out.

If you want something different with more bang for your buck go for Gears of War 2, Fallout 3 (if you're into adventure/rpgs) or Dead Space (if you're into horror :devil: )

oh man a pack of dogs instead of the helicopter, that must be insane. When I play that helicopter is always flyiing for me. I would love to play you and kill you.

When I kill you, you won't put down the controller, you will throw it. haha....i like this competitive talk makes me all nimbly bimbly lol

haha, we'll see buddy, you might just want to return your xbox after i get done with you lol

pfft. you played me when i was playing with a handicap. trying to keep my friends alive that were on the same team.

Uh ok, Rick if anything you had more people to help you kill me lol...but its ok i still wuv you lol

I played COD5, it's pretty good but I don't think it's worth another $60+ since I already have COD4

It's basically the same gameplay as COD4 with some subtle changes and set back in WW2. Infinity Ward (makers of COD2 and 4) are the real innovators in the series, Treyarch butchered part 3 and imho didn't do enough to make this installment stand out.

If you want something different with more bang for your buck go for Gears of War 2, Fallout 3 (if you're into adventure/rpgs) or Dead Space (if you're into horror :devil: )

First off COD5 yes same aspect as COD4, but game play is slightly different, now there is a little gore involved, they have limbs that blow off with either a shotgun or grenade or mortar strike. This game is really fun to me, just wish the guns were slightly better, but when you get the crosshair scope it makes the game so much better, this really is a great game in my opinon, alot of people say oh its going to be gay because it went back to WWII, but guess what I said those same exact words and you know what I take every word back. Also there is a new "horde mode" like Gears 2, basically a bunch of nazi zombies raid your safehouse and you have to board up windows to stop them from coming in and you have to stay alive as long as you can, but thats after you beat the game lol.

Gears 2 - to my opinion isnt really good, until they fix all the glitches as far as coop mode, online lag, and matchmaking its not worth buyng right now, althought i already bought it, but alot of people can agree with me on this one.

Fallout 3- alot of people have been saying this is a really good game, but some are comparing it to oblivion with guns basically...im like...ewww sounds boring, but i still need to play it to get my opinion right on it.

Dead Space- now this game is really fun, but really not worth buying, you can run through the story two or three times but after that its not really worth it anymore cause its the same thing over and over. But I will admit it is a great game to rent, its soooooo bloody and just its an amazing game.

First off COD5 yes same aspect as COD4, but game play is slightly different, now there is a little gore involved, they have limbs that blow off with either a shotgun or grenade or mortar strike. This game is really fun to me, just wish the guns were slightly better, but when you get the crosshair scope it makes the game so much better, this really is a great game in my opinon, alot of people say oh its going to be gay because it went back to WWII, but guess what I said those same exact words and you know what I take every word back. Also there is a new "horde mode" like Gears 2, basically a bunch of nazi zombies raid your safehouse and you have to board up windows to stop them from coming in and you have to stay alive as long as you can, but thats after you beat the game lol.

Gears 2 - to my opinion isnt really good, until they fix all the glitches as far as coop mode, online lag, and matchmaking its not worth buyng right now, althought i already bought it, but alot of people can agree with me on this one.

Fallout 3- alot of people have been saying this is a really good game, but some are comparing it to oblivion with guns basically...im like...ewww sounds boring, but i still need to play it to get my opinion right on it.

Dead Space- now this game is really fun, but really not worth buying, you can run through the story two or three times but after that its not really worth it anymore cause its the same thing over and over. But I will admit it is a great game to rent, its soooooo bloody and just its an amazing game.

COD5 is really a matter of personal taste. I put a lot of stock into guns in a fps (it's a shooter afterall) and COD4 has better weapon selection imo. I actually like the fact that it's set (partly) in the Japanese battles of WW2 but again, can't warrant spending the $$$ when modern warfare was awesome as well. The only thing that really sets this game apart enough for me to consider buying it (on ebay for $40) is the zombie nazi mode. I played it at a friends house and there's nothing more satisfying than killing NAZI zombies, lol.

As far as gears 2 goes, again, matter of preference, it's a different style shooter but a damn good one. I haven't experienced the same problems in co-op as you (playing through it on insane co-op right now) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's glitchy for some people. I agree that Gears online needs some tweaking, especially compared to COD multiplayer which is pretty much perfect.

Fallout 3 is probably one of the most engrossing games I've ever played and the style and presentation is incredible. Yes Oblivion was awesome as well but not similar enough to Fallout 3 to make the gameplay redundant. Trust me, at least rent this game, it is NOT Oblivion with guns, lol.

Actually I gotta agree with you on Dead Space, it's kinda like Bioshock in that you can play it several times but once the story's over you can't really play it again for at least another year or two. I say buy it on ebay when it goes down to $30.

I didn't know there were this many gamers on Honda forums, this is a pleasant surprise :thumbsup:

COD5 is really a matter of personal taste. I put a lot of stock into guns in a fps (it's a shooter afterall) and COD4 has better weapon selection imo. I actually like the fact that it's set (partly) in the Japanese battles of WW2 but again, can't warrant spending the $$ when modern warfare was awesome as well. The only thing that really sets this game apart enough for me to consider buying it (on ebay for $40) is the zombie nazi mode. I played it at a friends house and there's nothing more satisfying than killing NAZI zombies, lol.

I didn't know there were this many gamers on Honda forums, this is a pleasant surprise :thumbsup:

Is that a nazi mode for single or multi-player?

I'm in the same boat, wheras I still enjoy COD4 enough that I can gladly keep playing it for another six months. Still a good amount of people on it too. Last I checked the other day it was 90K plus.

COD5 is really a matter of personal taste. I put a lot of stock into guns in a fps (it's a shooter afterall) and COD4 has better weapon selection imo. I actually like the fact that it's set (partly) in the Japanese battles of WW2 but again, can't warrant spending the $$$ when modern warfare was awesome as well. The only thing that really sets this game apart enough for me to consider buying it (on ebay for $40) is the zombie nazi mode. I played it at a friends house and there's nothing more satisfying than killing NAZI zombies, lol.

As far as gears 2 goes, again, matter of preference, it's a different style shooter but a damn good one. I haven't experienced the same problems in co-op as you (playing through it on insane co-op right now) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's glitchy for some people. I agree that Gears online needs some tweaking, especially compared to COD multiplayer which is pretty much perfect.

Fallout 3 is probably one of the most engrossing games I've ever played and the style and presentation is incredible. Yes Oblivion was awesome as well but not similar enough to Fallout 3 to make the gameplay redundant. Trust me, at least rent this game, it is NOT Oblivion with guns, lol.

Actually I gotta agree with you on Dead Space, it's kinda like Bioshock in that you can play it several times but once the story's over you can't really play it again for at least another year or two. I say buy it on ebay when it goes down to $30.

Hmm Modern combat guns or WWII guns? I wonder which sets supposed to be "Better"... Epic FAIL.

Anyway I do agree WWII games are for a special branch of FPS'ers, i'm one of them, SP'ers are all kind of boring but the multiplayer rocks.

Hmm Modern combat guns or WWII guns? I wonder which sets supposed to be "Better"... Epic FAIL. Anyway I do agree WWII games are for a special branch of FPS'ers

You'd be surprised at how many people preferred COD2 over COD4 simply because the weapons were more challenging to use whereas COD4's "modern" weapons with dot sight and better overall smoothness are obviously much easier for gamers who aren't '1337', you fail :)

Who doesn't love WWII shooters? Everyone loves going on a good nazi killing spree, from Wolfenstein till now.

Actually I dont fail you still do. You said you didnt like COD:WAW (There's no COD5 btw so you fail again), because of the weapons feel, you said COD4 has a "BETTER" weapons selection, well of course it does... Its in modern times as opposed to WWII.

Not seeing how your not seeing this lol.

Actually I dont fail you still do. You said you didnt like COD:WAW (There's no COD5 btw so you fail again), because of the weapons feel, you said COD4 has a "BETTER" weapons selection, well of course it does... Its in modern times as opposed to WWII.

Not seeing how your not seeing this lol.

Eh, COD5/WAW, can't we at least agree that it's the 5th installment? You're just nit-picking now :p .

Yea, you're right about the weapon selection thing, I should've made it more clear that it was more about feel rather than selection but I'm pretty sure you got my point after my last post (you just like telling people they fail, lol)

Oh and sorry to say it but you fail because I never said I didn't like COD5 (hehe). I just explained that I don't think it's worth another $60 before tax if you already have COD4. If you don't have either it's pretty much a toss-up, buy whichever. I'll quote myself for you "...can't warrant spending the $$$ when modern warfare was awesome as well."

But not really my fail more of a 1/2fail at best. Because it is true that you say you like COD4 better than COD:WAW because of the weapon selection. And you did say this. So this also means you DO NOT like COD:WAW as much as COD4. So We'll say I have 1/2 a fail and you have 2 full FAILS.

Well played my friend, welcome to HF! lol I'm just messing with you btw its why the internet is here anyway right?

But not really my fail more of a 1/2fail at best. Because it is true that you say you like COD4 better than COD:WAW because of the weapon selection. And you did say this. So this also means you DO NOT like COD:WAW as much as COD4. So We'll say I have 1/2 a fail and you have 2 full FAILS.

Well played my friend, welcome to HF! lol I'm just messing with you btw its why the internet is here anyway right?

lol, I concede, at least I got half a fail in on ya' :thumbsup:

I like HF, I'm a SS refugee and this place takes the cake.

cake.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
COD4 is fun as hell. Yes it gets frustrating. I've yet to pick up COD5 though.

Going through veteran mode almost had me throwing my controller at least twice but it was satisfying beating it.

I'm still scared to go for the mile high club achievement though, I spent over an hour trying, stupid achievement... :(

Archived