Car vs. Deer

Blizzard

I've tried searching to no avail, so here's my story.

Last weekend I hit a big ass deer. Unfortunately for my freezer, he got up and ran away. Unfortunately for my car, he did a pretty good number on it. The front bumper, hood, right headlight, right fender, right door, and right door window are all pretty screwed. Amazingly, there was hardly any structural damage, most of which I was able to put back in place. For the sake of being warm and legal, I replaced the window and the headlight. I didn't have time or money to do anything but pound the rest out the best I could. The right side of my car basically looks like a piece of paper that got crumpled up and straightened out again.

Anyway, I'll be picking up new pieces to paint and put back together as quickly as I can afford it. My question:

What needs to happen to put an Acura front end on my '96 Civic hatchback? Is that something that might look good, or is it a silly idea all together? Any other ideas for doing something different without spending a whole lot more than just fixing the car?

I haven't really thought that far ahead. Integra, I'd imagine. I'm not doing an M3 knock-off, that's just too eccentric for my taste.

honestly, it would probably look like garbage. i'd put a lip on the stock bumper, a set of yellow JDM fogs, maybe a carbon fiber hood and call it a day. that's my humble opinion :ninja:

Yeah, you're probably right. I just thought I'd see if anyone had heard of that being done.

Don't you need a JDM bumper for JDM fogs?

not necessarily. you just need one that has a spot you can cut to drop them in. I'm sure yours will fit a pair nicely, post some pix of your car

No, I'm too cheap to pay for full coverage. After I get it all put back together, I might spring for comprehensive. Between this and losing a stereo last year, I think it's finally worth it. I'm going to start collecting junkyard parts, and hopefully spray it in January or so.

No, I'm too cheap to pay for full coverage. After I get it all put back together, I might spring for comprehensive. Between this and losing a stereo last year, I think it's finally worth it. I'm going to start collecting junkyard parts, and hopefully spray it in January or so.

sweet! junkyard the fender/door/etc, put a nice lip kit on it and fogs and OMFG SEXY!!! :drool:

Don't you need a JDM bumper for JDM fogs?

i pulled stock yellow jdm fog lights out of an Si in the junkyard and put them in my base model prelude but had to wire them through the headlights..they were both the same gen

You can go wrong with the yellow fogs man and that carbon fiber hood and lip man best combo ever!

Till you hit a speedbump and that carbon fiber lip you just laid SO much money out for, is shattered.

Poly all the way!

Shouldn't be too tough to fix all that. Since you are doing it yourself just replace the entire door, and fender. Bumper is rubber so if it was just flexed and you popped it back into shape you can reuse it if you are on a budget. The hood will be tougher to find in nice shape. Mine is pretty beat and I have been searching a while now. All the ones I find at the yards are equally beat. Would be a good time to look at a CF hood (if you had those aspirations) and have it panted as it will be about the same price as buying a replacement from Honda.

A sedan and a hatch have all the same parts for what you need.

I vote for 00 civic si front end swap

like the civic im buying when i get home? :p

NewCar.jpg

you should do that front conversion if ANYTHING! and +1 on the poly lip, CF = :nono: it will shatter on a hard impact, poly will not :thumbsup:

it was legal in WV for the longest time :crazy::crazy::crazy:

It's legal in Michigan. I just wouldn't use small animals, cause the meat is usually destroyed. I just finished off the last of the deer my dad hit last year in a nice pot of chili.

How hard is it to find those Civic SI front ends?

if you look in the right places its not too hard to find, you can try to peice one together. if you have a EK model civic it bolts up if im not mistaken. www.passwordjdm.com is a good place for parts. you can get everything you need from ebay: hood, fenders, bumper, headlights :thumbsup:

Archived