OMG...

chris_agu28

Oh whatever. and I totally didn't know that. I went to the atl for some 240sx parts about 2 weeks ago. I forgot you lived up there until I got there. Totally could have visited you. I will be going back soon one of these days. I will shoot you a message whenever I go up there.

Yeah, just hit me up. Im about 20 mins south of atl and as long as im not at work i can probably meet anywhere within reasonable driving distance.

Yeah, just hit me up. Im about 20 mins south of atl and as long as im not at work i can probably meet anywhere within reasonable driving distance.

Awesome next time I go up there I will hit you up. I was actually in macon GA, then continued north to go the summit store. I love that store. haha. I have a feeling I will go up there soon. A road trip sounds nice with my good friend megan. She knows a some people in ATL.

VA has inspection, but no emissions. Their inspection is strict, but it's easy to find a shop to just throw a sticker on there, even if that's not what you're looking for. I bought my Sol from VA, with a 2 month old inspection, and the entire suspension and brake system was shot. I was lucky to make it back home.

if you get stationed in va ill have to come visit you. Then ill have met two people on HF :thumbsup:

That would be awesome. I have met a few people on the HF forum but I still want to meet the regulars like ashley, lina, sarah, etc. I will one day.

Really dang. This is going to be different. haha. I am used to no inspection or emissions. I hope I have nothing to worry about.

haha. its about the same for our county cause all the little town adds up to about 15k people. which sucks big time.

Yeah I know I am with you on that idea haha.

it sucks, nothing to do >_<

i am waiting on hers still, i only share if received :thumbsup:

if you get stationed in va ill have to come visit you. Then ill have met two people on HF :thumbsup:

won't you just be the cat's pajamas! :D

VA has inspection, but no emissions. Their inspection is strict, but it's easy to find a shop to just throw a sticker on there, even if that's not what you're looking for. I bought my Sol from VA, with a 2 month old inspection, and the entire suspension and brake system was shot. I was lucky to make it back home.

Orca is correct. Some shops will throw you a sticker if your vehicle starts and the headlights work. I got a rejection sticker for a bad control arm bushing.

it sucks, nothing to do >_<

Orca is correct. Some shops will throw you a sticker if your vehicle starts and the headlights work. I got a rejection sticker for a bad control arm bushing.

Yeah I know. Nothing to do at all.

Okay at least there is a way to by pass the inspection but yet, how often is the inspection? 6 months 1 year?

That sucks did you get fined or anything.

Yeah I know. Nothing to do at all.

Okay at least there is a way to by pass the inspection but yet, how often is the inspection? 6 months 1 year?

That sucks did you get fined or anything.

1 year, usually costs about $25.

you don't get fined. they put a pink rejection sticker instead of yellow inspection. you have so many odd days to get it fixed and you can drive with that rejection during that time period. they charged $1 to come back and check the bushing and place my inspection sticker.

oh okay then, I am happy its nothing crazy like in CA. I know they are super strict with emissions over there. I should have no worries then. I know my friend up in VA is doing alot of work to his car and I have yet to hear anything about the emissions or at least him complain about it.

oh okay then, I am happy its nothing crazy like in CA. I know they are super strict with emissions over there. I should have no worries then. I know my friend up in VA is doing alot of work to his car and I have yet to hear anything about the emissions or at least him complain about it.

nope, no worries! you can pass without a muffler, but anything louder than stock is illegal in VA >_<

just at the cop's discretion though. there's plenty of loud ones where i live. as long as you don't run it loud, you're fairly safe though :thumbsup:

nope, no worries! you can pass without a muffler, but anything louder than stock is illegal in VA >_<

just at the cop's discretion though. there's plenty of loud ones where i live. as long as you don't run it loud, you're fairly safe though :thumbsup:

I guess that is when the silencer comes into play. Down here we got alot of car with open headers, straight pipes, you name it and it is hurt your ears loud and the cops don't care.

I guess that is when the silencer comes into play. Down here we got alot of car with open headers, straight pipes, you name it and it is hurt your ears loud and the cops don't care.

silencers work, but they can still bust you >_<

get ready for the strictest motor vehicle laws ever bud

silencers work, but they can still bust you >_<

get ready for the strictest motor vehicle laws ever bud

Damn... this will suck. Maybe I should try to stay in GA haha. so I won't have any worries.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Awesome next time I go up there I will hit you up. I was actually in macon GA, then continued north to go the summit store. I love that store. haha. I have a feeling I will go up there soon. A road trip sounds nice with my good friend megan. She knows a some people in ATL.

Summit.. i live about 10 mins from there.. Macon is about 45 mins from my house. So yeah, just let me know when you are gonna make it up here(the sooner i know the better chance i will have of actually having some money in the bank) :thumbsup:

So um, 3 pages between like 2-3 people?

Anyways...lol...you can possibly still go to the HF meet in the summer. We're voting on where/when right now. So VOTE! And then GO!

Alright I will. I thought you guys decided it would be in late july like the last meet.

Summit.. i live about 10 mins from there.. Macon is about 45 mins from my house. So yeah, just let me know when you are gonna make it up here(the sooner i know the better chance i will have of actually having some money in the bank):thumbsup:

Alrighty Will do. I wil be going up there to the summit store again to probably get some harnesses or something. But I will let you know in advance. We have to get together and drink some time. haha. Not like you do every other night. lol.

Alright I will have to do that.

A little update. I am keeping the 240sx and no ef's for me. Both got sold from under me. So time for a rebuild. I had no compression, well low actually about 95 psi in the cylinders and it is suppose to be 150-170. So yeah, Found out why. haha. Totally forgot to buy new head bolts. I thought you could reuse these, Thinking about picking some arp head studs. But dunno yet. I will start a build thread of my own. haha. Also found some gas in my oil, I know that eats away at the internals so I dunno if I will redo the piston rings and bearings or not. I really don't want to go through all the trouble.

idk bout that buddy :thumbsup:

pretty tough here. basic rule of thumb is aftermarket=illegal.

Same here, plus emissions tests. The one place wouldn't pass my car because it had an unused, albeit plugged, vacuum hose.

Oh, and btw, my car CAME with a recent VA inspection...

Archived