will a 1.8 accord engine fit in to a honda civic 1996 straght swap?

chats civic

will a 1.8 accord engine fit in to a honda civic 1996 straght swap?

Are you talking about the pre-1986 75 HP accord motor?? Why would you ever EVER consider putting that into a 96 civic? I think those damn things were carbureted. First off, NO! completely different mount placements. secondly, was there even an obd system on those things? If so, I'm fairly sure there is no conversion harness for the E-series motor. Thirdly, I think you mean to ask of a 1.8 Integra motor.

A 1.8 Acura Integra motor will bolt into your chassis "direct swap". (with of course, the tranny, axles, ecu, wiring harness, shift linkage, and correct integra mounts, and possibly running a couple wires depending on which b18 and presence of vtec)

Are you talking about the pre-1986 75 HP accord motor?? Why would you ever EVER consider putting that into a 96 civic? I think those damn things were carbureted. First off, NO! completely different mount placements. secondly, was there even an obd system on those things? If so, I'm fairly sure there is no conversion harness for the E-series motor. Thirdly, I think you mean to ask of a 1.8 Integra motor.

A 1.8 Acura Integra motor will bolt into your chassis "direct swap". (with of course, the tranny, axles, ecu, wiring harness, shift linkage, and correct integra mounts, and possibly running a couple wires depending on which b18 and presence of vtec)

hey hey hey now my prelude is carburated

Archived