nom nom nom....

Rick B.

I just got done slaving over an oven for 2 hours.

my stuffed bell peppers are done!!!

nom nom nom

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

Ill make them again for the HF northeast meet. they are seriously delicious.

ill post the recipe if you guys want.

Stuffed Peppers

6 Bell peppers (any color: Yellow and red tend to be more sweet, green is a little tart but still good)

2 lbs of ground beef

a box of minute rice (it has to be minute rice or else it wont cook properly)

4 15 oz cans of tomato sauce

2 15 oz cans of stewed tomatoes

half a diced onion

garlic

oregano

crumbled bay leaf

pre-heat oven to 450

cut the top off of the peppers after washing them, empty out ALL of the seeds. (you dont take the entire top off, just the part where the green stem is)

in a large bowl mix the ground beef with aprox a table spoon of garlic, aprox a table spoon of oregano, the crushed bay leaf and diced onion.

then add the uncooked rice and keep adding until the meat and rice reaches this consistency:

IMG_0564.jpg

(it will probably be around 2 cups of rice, maybe a little more)

then stuff the peppers with the meat/rice

stand the peppers up in dutch oven type pan with a lid.

add in the tomato sauce around the peppers (it should cover about half way up the side of the peppers)

add in the stewed tomatoes

put on the lid and place in oven.

every 15 minutes, open the lid and baste the peppers with the tomato sauce

after an hour, drop the oven temp to 350. cook for another hour (remember to baste)

then after a total cook time of 2 hrs (1 hr at 450 and 1 hr at 350)

serve the peppers (cut down the middle) on a plate with the tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes on top. enjoy

My favorite recipe that you've probably never had. Pigs on a POKE. Not to be confused with pigs in a blanket.

Step 1: Make mashed potatoes, homemade or even store bought premade mashed potatoes would be ideal, But I'll be honest we use the instant kind most the time.

Step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Step 3: Cut Hot dogs in half, but do not cut all the way through put the inside part of the hot dog facing up. (Tell me if you don't understand)

Step 4: Place hot dogs on a baking pan.

Step 5: Put mashed potatoes ontop of the hotdogs and then put slices of cheese on top of that.

Step 6: I usually just watch them pretty good, make sure the pan is at least on the middle rack if not the top so the bottoms dont burn. I just wait till the cheese starts to melt a good deal then there ready for eats!

Rick that is inappropriate

not at all mein Freund,

you just simply have not tasted ashley's baked goodies like i have. they are mouth watering, lip licking, delicious.

even after being a few days fresh.

not at all mein Freund,

you just simply have not tasted ashley's baked goodies like i have. they are mouth watering, lip licking, delicious.

even after being a few days fresh.

i wanna try :thumbsup:

German? nice touch.

wouldn't nice touch be a horrible name for a daycare?

i wanna try :thumbsup:

German? nice touch.

wouldn't nice touch be a horrible name for a daycare?

well, i do speak german ya know.

good luck trying, she doesnt ship her goodies, and i had to walk like 5 miles, wait in a dunkin donuts for 4 hours, and then force myself to lose at wii bowling and mario kart before sampling her goodies. but it was all worth it, she even bagged some up for me for my bus ride home. she is such a kind heart. *cough* :pirate:

well, i do speak german ya know.

good luck trying, she doesnt ship her goodies, and i had to walk like 5 miles, wait in a dunkin donuts for 4 hours, and then force myself to lose at wii bowling and mario kart before sampling her goodies. but it was all worth it, she even bagged some up for me for my bus ride home. she is such a kind heart. *cough*:pirate:

sweet. *no pun intended*

i had to walk like 5 miles, wait in a dunkin donuts for 4 hours, and then force myself to lose at wii bowling and mario kart before sampling her goodies.

You don't know the pain of waiting at a DND until you've waited 5-6 hours at one in the middle of the night :laugh:

The Wii owns your ass, sorry to say.

she is such a kind heart.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived