power door locks working?

hiemsnox

so when i first bought my sol the power door lock switch on my door only worked for the passenger side. and when my battery died i bought a optima and i noticed something differant with my car. the passenger door now locks when i start the car and unlocks when i turn it off.

the question i have is, is the driver door also supposed to work with the switch and also unlock and lock with the turning of the key?

be nice to know before i go tearing into the door.

I know in the mid-90s auto manufacturers started having cars do auto locking. My buddies RL, used to lock when you put the car in gear, and unlock when shifted to park. Perhaps this is the Sols version of that?

ya my car has a sticker for like a vesco alarm system or something that is dated to be installed in 95 which is the year of my car... what i'm wondering though is my driver door supposed to work with my switch or is that only for the passenger door?

ya my car has a sticker for like a vesco alarm system or something that is dated to be installed in 95 which is the year of my car... what i'm wondering though is my driver door supposed to work with my switch or is that only for the passenger door?

If you have power door locks, both doors should work with the switch. So unless Honda departed from the norm with the Del Sol, you probably have a wiring problem. As for the auto-locking... *shrugs* find a little old lady who bought a sol with power locks and ask her. If it were my sol, I'd figure out how to disable that. I have an instinctual hatred for machines that think for themselves.

Does the driver's lock not function at all? If you're trying to use the power lock button to lock up the car while getting out, you need to pull the interior handle while you do so.

Does the driver's lock not function at all? If you're trying to use the power lock button to lock up the car while getting out, you need to pull the interior handle while you do so.

are u saying for the power locks i need to pull the handle? cause on my dad's civic its all manual and u have to pull the handle to lock the door... but on my sol i can just push the lever and it locks i dont need to pull the handle to manually lock it...but ive never thought about pulling the handle and using the lock button

are u saying for the power locks i need to pull the handle? cause on my dad's civic its all manual and u have to pull the handle to lock the door... but on my sol i can just push the lever and it locks i dont need to pull the handle to manually lock it...but ive never thought about pulling the handle and using the lock button

If the door is open, and you don't pull the handle while hitting the lock button, the door will not lock.

If the door is open, and you don't pull the handle while hitting the lock button, the door will not lock.

I thought it was you couldn't unlock the door when it was open without pulling the handle. That's how mine works anyway. I just smack the lock on my way out the door to lock it...

I thought it was you couldn't unlock the door when it was open without pulling the handle. That's how mine works anyway. I just smack the lock on my way out the door to lock it...

You shouldn't be able to lock *or* unlock the door, without a slight pull of the handle. That's the way it's always worked in my Civics. Toyotas are supposed to be the same way. My Celica is at least.

Unlock works without pulling the handle (then again I never recall trying to unlock the door while it was open, it's already unlocked at that point). As Kastigir said, and I said earlier in this thread, you need to pull the driver's side interior handle while pushing the lock button or it will unlock when you close the door (or not lock the driver's side at all).

ok so i went and tested everything, and even if i pull the handle the power lock still doesnt work on the drivers side so i think it might be a cylnoid or something in the driver door, and as far as manual locking of the door i can just push the lock w/o pulling the handle.

ok so i went and tested everything, and even if i pull the handle the power lock still doesnt work on the drivers side so i think it might be a cylnoid or something in the driver door, and as far as manual locking of the door i can just push the lock w/o pulling the handle.

Does it stay locked after you shut the door when you manually lock it?

Archived