Lowering

CelticRacer

ok so i need some help...

i am looking to lower my car this spring, my first thought was coilovers... but i have been looking through old posts and there is alot of talk about replacing the shocks and springs in lue of coilovers...

what are the pros and cons to both setups?

i am looking to lower my car this spring, my first thought was coilovers... but i have been looking through old posts and there is alot of talk about replacing the shocks and springs in lue of coilovers...

Pro: Coilovers allow you to dial in the exact drop that is best for your car. Con: They typically cost much more than spring/shock setups.

I got Function and form type I coilovers for $600 from a local shop. Not to bad for what they do IMO. Kind of stiff but my setup before wasn't much softer. Im sure it'll ride alot better when I'm not sitting on a quarter inch of rubber.

Anyway I'd go with coilovers if your going to lay down some money gives you alot more diversity.

You could buy mine! Friend is giving me a set of 6 month old Tein S.techs!!! So will be selling my complete Dropzone coilovers! Matched with DropZone struts, new and never removed from box! PM if interested! :thumbsup:

Your always trying to sell stuff. Well this is not a Forsale thread!

Well I kno where you are getting at man. I finally droped my car Yess i still need to get struts and shocks but i did it to see how low im going to sit with my body kit and what not.

Now i tossed and turned between coil over and springs i found that springs is a more better of a ride.

After that conclusion i tossed and turned between how low i wanted to go. With a kit 2inch max with out i wouldn't have minded to go a lil bit lower.

Then you have to think about what company u want to go with and look at the reviews for each. Myself went with Roadmagnet Springs. Which im deff the only on on this forum with them.

Pro: Coilovers allow you to dial in the exact drop that is best for your car. Con: They typically cost much more than spring/shock setups.

+1

And I also agree with Preston above ^. Most coilovers are going to have a stiffer ride quality, but stick to the road and have less body roll.

It depends what you're looking for price-wise and quality-wise (as most things do).

+1

And I also agree with Preston above ^. Most coilovers are going to have a stiffer ride quality, but stick to the road and have less body roll.

It depends what you're looking for price-wise and quality-wise (as most things do).

Conversely, you can lessen bodyroll by upgrading your sway bar and endlinks.

• 2 weeks later...

another pro and con to springs and coils, if you dont already know smack yourself in the head, lol j/k

coil overs are adjustable as to where springs you can not adjust the ride height at all :thumbsup:

Coilovers for sure. They can get a little expensive depending on the name you're paying for, but even the eBay coilovers combined with better springs can be pretty good.

If you're on a budget buy Mike's DZ's. I've had them on mine since I bought the car. 2.5" drop, the ride is a little stiff, but that's what it's s'posed to be when it's dropped that far. No sagging either. You can get 'em new for around $600, but Mike is the right opportunity. I will be replacing mine with Tein SS's when I get the money saved. They are better but more expensive at around a $1000 too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i got tein s tech on my civic with stock shocks and im riding really smooth and the drop wasnt that much but it is noticible that its lowerd and has the aggressive look but coilovers are nice

• 1 month later...

i like the springs and struts personaly with a good drop.. everyone has there own preferance...i got kyb struts with h&r springs at a good drop its stiff but handals like a champ

and if you end up going with the upgraded sway bars, strut bars (front, and rear) with a good set of tires youll be able to hold on to the turns and never let go

Archived