b16 header

I know this has been asked before, but i searched it and couldn't find what I wanted.

I'm ready to throw a header on my car, and I'm kind of up in the air as to what to get.

I originally thought I'd do Megan Racing, but I've heard some people say it's cheap and not worth it.

Then again I've seen people run ebay headers so idk! :crazy:

Basically looking for the best bang for my buck. I don't want to spend $500 on a header lol.

But I want a decent hp improvement (as in I don't want a POS that's worse than a stock manifold) at a decent price.

And yes, I'm not car illiterate. I know i won't feel an increase with just a header lol

i got a stainless steel 4-2-1 two piece header

someone on here got an ebay header for $50, and it was worth just that. the welds were all crapty, if you can call them welds, and probably took 4 minutes to make. dont get those

Look out for a good used dc-sports. I bought a mint 4-2-1 one piece for $150 for my gsr motor. Yeah, avoid the $50 ebay special. Megan is a lot better than those, but I've heard bad things about their longevity. Then again, there's one on the 4door I bought and it was said to have been installed 3-4 years ago. The ebay ones will really fuk with your flow. You should see the inside of them. These are the worst I've seen.

exhibit a:

IMG_7437.jpg

exhibit b:

IMG_7439.jpg

If you don't find a dc in your budget, I say try the megan. As long as you're using the standard issue spring laded bolts or flex pipe, It shouldn't crack and if it does, that will be a good time to practice you welding skills. :thumbsup: They only ever fail at the welds.

If you don't find a dc in your budget, I say try the megan. As long as you're using the standard issue spring laded bolts or flex pipe, It shouldn't crack and if it does, that will be a good time to practice you welding skills.:thumbsup: They only ever fail at the welds.

okay cool. i may very well go for the Megan if I don't find a DC. I mean I understand parts are expensive, but I refuse to pay $500 for a catback, etc. 2whp doesn't matter to me. that comes down to the driver :thumbsup:

I will probably get some new spring bolts. The old ones were a biotch to get off, i think i threw them away when I put my test pipe in.

And btw, the welds on that header were ATROCIOUS!!! I have welded like 4 times, and I look like an absolute master compared to that trash.

will a header for a b18b1 fit a B16? i feel like this is a really stupid question i'm pretty sure it'll work.

but i'd rather sound dumb and learn than spend the money and it not work >_<

Pretty sure it's not, but you go ahead and keep believing it.

lol No your definitly Kastigir wrong DC sports buys old Typer headers and just coats them and makes millions off of it FTW!

lol No your definitly Kastigir wrong DC sports buys old Typer headers and just coats them and makes millions off of it FTW!

If you say so. Can't honestly believe it seeing as how they would have lawsuits out the ass.

not to mention that dc offers ceramic headers in 4-1 AND 4-2-1 (have one on my car)

and yeas, an LS header will work for a b16 but the little 2-hole bracket may be in the way. If it is, cut it off and weld it in the correct spot.

not to mention that dc offers ceramic headers in 4-1 AND 4-2-1 (have one on my car)

and yeas, an LS header will work for a b16 but the little 2-hole bracket may be in the way. If it is, cut it off and weld it in the correct spot.

thank ya :thumbsup: very helpful

Archived