what do you think could be wrong?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cause id much rather rock a rex or sol, and seeing pearce got his sol got me jealous

Then you should've waited and bought a Rex or Sol. I understand you're young, but your impatience...::shakes head::

what you talkin?

he means if you want to build power, you have the ultimate honda to do it in (minus NSX lol).

it's the second lightest next to the EF, and it's balanced much better than the EF.

B-series swaps are fairly easy. it's just a great car to work with.

he means if you want to build power, you have the ultimate honda to do it in (minus NSX lol).

it's the second lightest next to the EF, and it's balanced much better than the EF.

As he said. The EG hatch, and the VX trim level, is the lightest 'newer' Honda available. Not to mention the small and muscular hatch shape. :drool:

u had a crx....but u sold it. wtf >_<

i had to i snapped the crossmember when i hit the wall other wise id still be driving it, but it was a 700-800 dollar weld >_< , i see it everyday in the driveway of the dude i sold it to, he's fixing all the body work and i havnt seen it move yet :( , i miss it dearly lol

so if i were to go out to a junk yard find a b-series, what else would i have to yank for the swap, cause there a local import junkyard i can get stuff fairly cheap.

i had to i snapped the crossmember when i hit the wall other wise id still be driving it, but it was a 700-800 dollar weld >_< , i see it everyday in the driveway of the dude i sold it to, he's fixing all the body work and i havnt seen it move yet :( , i miss it dearly lol

what do you mean you hit a wall??? explain please

so if i were to go out to a junk yard find a b-series, what else would i have to yank for the swap, cause there a local import junkyard i can get stuff fairly cheap.

Regarding a B18C1/C5 Or B16A2/3, there is a slim to no chance that you'll ever find one in a junkyard. You might be able to find a B18A1 or B18B1 which is a good platform for boost, but you'll be hard pressed to find a DOHC VTEC in a junkyard.

^^i beg the differ, tis junk yard is amazing this dude i almost bought a car off of got a b18c1, from there and put it in a rex

how much did he pay?

because i had my brother-in-law in insurance check prices.

said B16s usually run about a grand in junkyards.

The reason they aren't found often in junkyards is two fold: Many junkyard cars come via insurance auction. Junkyards want cheap cars to scrap and get some parts off of. Specialty shops outbid the basic junkyards. The other part is many junkyards have standing orders for certain things. When a car comes in the engine is often sold before the car is even unhooked from the tow-truck.

how much did he pay?

because i had my brother-in-law in insurance check prices.

said B16s usually run about a grand in junkyards.

idk the exact amount but it wasnt a grand, maybe a couple hundred less though

Archived