Good horror movies

Hondahunter

I'm not so much into the horror-slasher types... it's a bit uh, obvious? lol. I do like 28 days later & 28 weeks later, Ed Gein, Amityville Horror, Boo and a few others though.

As far as thrillers go, "One Hour Photo" really did a number on me though. Since seeing it, I haven't had a single roll of film developed- I only use digital now.

I'm not so much into the horror-slasher types... it's a bit uh, obvious? lol. I do like 28 days later & 28 weeks later, Ed Gein, Amityville Horror, Boo and a few others though.

As far as thrillers go, "One Hour Photo" really did a number on me though. Since seeing it, I haven't had a single roll of film developed- I only use digital now.

I liked One Hour Photo! :thumbsup:

Horror and thriller are very different... I can't stand 99.9% of horror movies, simply because they're so lame anymore. We had the good old cheesy ones in the 80's and early 90's, then it became nothing but one predictable flick to the next. Scream mixed it up, but then we ended up with nothing but rip-offs of that. Now we're stuck with those lousy Saw movies...

Anyway, the only movies that actually "scare" me are those that are based on true events... The Amityville Horror (original) and even some of the fictitious sequels freaked me out when I was younger, after seeing the Mothman Prophecies in the theater, seeing the tail lights on the road was a little odd driving home...

Horror and thriller are very different... I can't stand 99.9% of horror movies, simply because they're so lame anymore. We had the good old cheesy ones in the 80's and early 90's, then it became nothing but one predictable flick to the next. Scream mixed it up, but then we ended up with nothing but rip-offs of that. Now we're stuck with those lousy Saw movies...

Anyway, the only movies that actually "scare" me are those that are based on true events... The Amityville Horror (original) and even some of the fictitious sequels freaked me out when I was younger, after seeing the Mothman Prophecies in the theater, seeing the tail lights on the road was a little odd driving home...

You need to (if you haven't) go see The Strangers. Loved that movie. Pretty big Scream series fan as well even though I haven't scene them In awhile.

You need to (if you haven't) go see The Strangers. Loved that movie. Pretty big Scream series fan as well even though I haven't scene them In awhile.

No, I haven't seen it, had no intention of doing so. Perhaps when I knock out the movies I have to watch, and run out, I'll look into it.

The Original Shining is one very scary movie especially for it's time.

The new Amityville Horror... just the sick brutality of the "bad guy" I haven't seen the original. But it took me twice to get through it without turning it off!

The Ring

The Others

I am Legend

The new Halloween by Rob Zombie

I'm not usually scared by movies but I don't really like slasher types... psychological ones scare me though.

The Shining

Room 1408

Silent Hill

2 more stephen king movies..

and the remake of the shining is like 3 times longer but follows the book almost to the letter.. the orginal goes off from the book like crazy

ive read almost every stephen king book there is :)

when did they make a remake of the shining? who the hell would f' with kubrick? sad, sad world we live in...

1408 p*ssed me off when i bought the dvd, then read that it was a king flick. since i had purchased it, i had to go through with watching it, but they could have told me that beforehand so i wouldn't have wasted my time.

when did they make a remake of the shining? who the hell would f' with kubrick? sad, sad world we live in...

1408 p*ssed me off when i bought the dvd, then read that it was a king flick. since i had purchased it, i had to go through with watching it, but they could have told me that beforehand so i wouldn't have wasted my time.

huh? You don't like Steven King? I'm confused.

You're an oxymoron :p

Rick, let's go see saw tomorrow.

By which I mean the movie, not bouncing up and down on the ends of a 2x4.

Bouncing up and down on the ends of a 2x4 sounds like a much better time than sitting through a Saw movie :laugh:

No, I despise Stephen King novels and movies. A few from waaaaay back in the day were alright, but then he turned to sh*t around the mid-90's (if not a little earlier). Boring and much too predictable.

it was a few years back.. never released it in theatres cause it was like 3 or 4 hours long.. nothing compared to the 8 hour 'the stand' movie but pretty damn long

You need to (if you haven't) go see The Strangers. Loved that movie.

:stupid: Hands down the motherfracking scariest, creepiest, movie I've ever seen.

And what I'm going as for Halloween too. :D

Scariest movie I ever watched was The Strangers in theaters...i was so freaked out after that one..

Top 5 after the above movie would be...

1. The Exorcism of Emily Rose

2. The Amityville Horror (new)

3. Silent Hill

4. Saw (the first one, i hate the rest...just an excuse to show people being mutilated)

5. The Ring...saw it when I was 15 and thought it was the scariest movie ever...now i laugh haha

Archived