Serial Killers

Hondahunter

i don't think any of them were "the best" at what they did considering almost all the ones we know about eventually got locked up.

Ed Gein was a bit of an oddity though. They never did have any evidence to convict him of murder, but they were able to convict him of cannibalism & grave robbing.

personally though, I'd have to give the award to Jack the Ripper. To this day we still don't have a clue who the hell he was, or why he did it.

I'd probably go with BTK.

And i dont care what classes your takin... questions like this worry me.. :crazy:

lol IMO Poor excuse for such a topic. We got a serial killer on HF for sure!

+1 On Jack the ripper. I watch alot of history channel, discovery, and all that "REAL" Tv kind of stuff and the Jack the ripper stuff is by far the most nortious if nothing else.

The Zodiac's identity was never solved, either... and how many people he actually killed is questionable.

I tried reading Patricia Cornwell's findings in the Jack the Ripper case, but found it to be dreadfully boring (unlike her other works at the time). Never made it through the entire thing.

Wow, there have been so many serial killers through history. I think it is best to name one that is still living: Joseph Kony.

This begs the question of what makes a good serial killer: body count?, capture?, etc.

Can a theory/idea/belief count as a serial killer? What happens when a mass murderer sparks a revolution among the populous which continues even after the killer is dead? What about a theory/idea/belief that dehuminizes one group and convinces another that they are superior, which almost always results in one group trying to kill off the other.

Does that make capture a poor metric? You cannot capture a belief, yet a belief can be responsible for mass killings. Beliefs typically die with those people that hold them.

Good topic, but only 'cause it sparks deeper thought.

Charles Manson is considered a serial killer, yet he never actually killed anyone... In related news, Susan Atkins ("Sadie Mae Glutz") was denied a compassionate release from prison (she's terminally ill with brain cancer, I believe).

Fish was a pretty messed up guy, too.

Looks like me and the Wikipedia have a date coming up... I am woefully behind in my serial killer knowledge.

Edit:

The dude I'm working with right now who is big into criminology just explained about these folks to me and suggested the following names:

Ted Bundy

John Wayne Gacy

Danny Rolling

Aileen Wuornos

Looks like me and the Wikipedia have a date coming up... I am woefully behind in my serial killer knowledge.

Edit:

The dude I'm working with right now who is big into criminology just explained about these folks to me and suggested the following names:

Ted Bundy

John Wayne Gacy

Danny Rolling

Aileen Wuornos

Bundy was most known for raping, then killing.

Gacy would give people a reason to be afraid of clowns :laugh:

The film Monster was about Aileen Wuornos (I haven't gotten around to watching it, but you may have).

I had to look up Rolling.

airjordan, i agree. Actually Charles Manson admits to killing one person. I think he said he shot them in the head. Anybody ever seen the interviews with him? Kinda interesting if ya ask me. Pearce the coco puffs :drool: . i can kill those things any time lol

OJ DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i are the best Cereal Killer, i kill them fruity pebbles :devil:

You beat me to it, i was about to say I kill them apple jacks like a madman

airjordan, i agree. Actually Charles Manson admits to killing one person. I think he said he shot them in the head. Anybody ever seen the interviews with him? Kinda interesting if ya ask me. Pearce the coco puffs :drool: . i can kill those things any time lol

Do you have the name of this person? I know he believed that he killed a guy after he shot him in the stomach, but that the guy did not actually die.

I miss Alpha Bits.

Do you have the name of this person? I know he believed that he killed a guy after he shot him in the stomach, but that the guy did not actually die.

I miss Alpha Bits.

I dont rember right off. Ill try and find it when i get off work tonight.

Archived