Bathin' Apes

Hondahunter

I had to wiki bape.

It turns out it's a clothing company founded by a Japanese guy in 93'.

But what exactly did your father get? They sell hats, shirts, pants, shoes, and luggage.

I had to wiki bape.

It turns out it's a clothing company founded by a Japanese guy in 93'.

But what exactly did your father get? They sell hats, shirts, pants, shoes, and luggage.

sweaters, jackets, zip up hoodies, dolls, key chains, pillows, pjs, beanies, belts, and ..i can't think of others.

my dads the same age.. he has alot of Jordans (shirts and kicks) and rocks a huge chain. but he goes out on the week ends looking like something out of Brox Tales. I swear sometimes he some sorta mobster lol

your dad wears a chain?? are you serious???

whats a bathin apes/bape

It is a label started by a guy named Nigo. Originally, he designed clothes for the underground and wanted it to be underground so that it won't be worn by many. Later, the demand got so high that he made it public but priced them really high. US rappers are sporting his gear and the first hip hop celebrity who actually made the name "BIG" in the US is Pharrell and Chad from the group NERDS. Pharrell collaborated with Nigo to come up with Ice Cream (you can see these at foot locker or other shoe joints with a picture of a ice cream on a cone with a face on it). There is also BBC, as Clio mentioned. BBC stands for billionaire boys club. Bape is another word for bathing ape - B for Batihing and ape for ape = B'ape = BAPE.

Here are pictures of Nigo

nigo1.jpg

nigo2.jpg

Bape kicks :thumbsup: (basically air force 1 style but instead of the nike slash, its a comet like logo)

bapesta.jpg

One of several Bape hoodies :thumbsup: (What makes these hoodies unique is they zip all the way up to the hoodie)

Picture264.jpg

flash_hoodie_down.jpg

john mayer sportin a batman bape hoodie. (Robin williams has a few but i can't seem to find that pic. and yes, he also had on bape hoodies. Ive once seen him rock some retro jordans!)

johnmayer-batmanbapehoodie.jpg

bape from head to toe! Everybody say it with me now - awwww!

babybape.jpg

Here is an idea of how much bape items cost

One of Nigo's crib

I knew they were expensvie, but the hoodie and belt threw me off man!!!

Dad already packed them up in his hazmat bag so i'm not gonna screw with that stuff.

I should be able to snag a pic of the box if anyone really wants lol. They're boots, I was really surprised they were Bapes.

lol not sure if that was sarcasm

but

yeah about 32" Platinum W/ Cross pendant

talk about being gangsta lol

no, i was in shock man!

50-year old man with a chain! SWEET! lol.

dad's bapes are tactical boots so not as cool as fancy bapes.

i just thought it was funny.

they do make some pretty stylish boots i must say.

i want that hoodie the dude in the first vid is rockin, lol.

just looked online and found a store that sells em, lol they are out of stock on the shark hoodie that i just said i liked, but i think this one might be better :laugh:

http://www.reallydope.com/info.asp?item=BH97

Youre buying a fape and over paying for that matter. Don't be fooled. 1st sign is the price. If they're cheap, they're fape (fake bape). Real bape hoodies, brand new, cost around $200+, have medal zipper, and the zipper has the word bape on the front and YYK on the back (YYK or YKK, i can't remember). You can also tell by the label too. You can search youtube to tell bape from fape - there are tons of vids on it.

UNLESS you want to rock the fake stuff, be my guest. It cost to be the boss :thumbsup:

Archived