Accident update....

Rick B.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not even possible, but extremely likely. I got rear-ended once by a guy in a 4th gen Accord. He was flying. Shortly thereafter my clutch started acting up. Upon pulling the transmission, we discovered the clutch disc was fractured. Had to pay out of pocket because it was a hit and run.

Rick -

"Yea I had to replace the roof on my car. It was peeling back because it resented the rest of my damaged car.

Also there was a tiny unicorn in my exhaust and he was jumping and poking holes in my exhaust. Also, he was crapting in my filters.

That's very dangerous. Especially with a road trip coming up. That's gonna be like what, seven-thousandish?"

isn't that how car accidents usually happen?>_<

not if your sittin still or you are doing something that would probably end in a wreck

Rick -

"Yea I had to replace the roof on my car. It was peeling back because it resented the rest of my damaged car.

Also there was a tiny unicorn in my exhaust and he was jumping and poking holes in my exhaust. Also, he was crapting in my filters.

That's very dangerous. Especially with a road trip coming up. That's gonna be like what, seven-thousandish?"

:laugh:

So. I finally got ahold of their insurance company and got the policy number. I filed a claim against them and the insurance company was surprised that a claim hadnt been filed by the policy holder. well, ok. they were pissed. lol.

any way, then went and inspected the car and quoted 3800 compared to allstate's 3200.

Im only having my quarter panel fixed, then ill take the rest of the money and get the mechanical problems fixed and have my timing belt changed.

then with whatever is left over, ill put towards getting the car back to the condition it should be in.

Soooo.

Went to the body shop to check on my car today. They have it on the frame rack doing measurements. They say it will take more than a week to just pull the car back into proper body alignment.

Called Travelers insurance (they insure the car that hit me).

They said that they have still not been able to reach the driver of the vehicle that hit me in the accident to get a statement.

The agent I spoke with claimed that without a statement, even though he had a copy of the police report in front of him showing they were at fault 100%, they cannot cover my vehicle losses nor pay for a rental car.

I know that its bullcrap, otherwise no one would answer their phones after an accident in order to not have their company pay out a claim.

I then went to allstate and they said that they would start making phone calls to Travelers to sort the mess out.

Meanwhile. Im stuck without a vehicle until further notice.

OH, and to put the icing on the cake. My national guard recruiter told me that he isnt going to even bother processing me in for a waiver because he feels that i dont have a chance at getting one. so all in all. my hopes and plans for my near future came crashing down completely and i dont even have my car to take around the block to cheer myself up.

Im working on finding another recruiter.

hopefully he will be more optimistic.

in the meantime. i wrote a letter to my ny senator. though, with my arizona license i might have had better luck writing mccain. :p

hopefully travelers takes care of everything. im tired of waiting.

Im working on finding another recruiter.

hopefully he will be more optimistic.

in the meantime. i wrote a letter to my ny senator. though, with my arizona license i might have had better luck writing mccain. :p

hopefully travelers takes care of everything. im tired of waiting.

Depending on tonights outcome, he might have a lot more time on his hands.

I'm still waiting for money from the kid who hit me and Sarah.

So if it makes you feel any better, it will probably take much, much longer to get things sorted out. :devil:

Just kidding man. When you get the car back, feel free to come up for another visit anytime. I do still owe you $10, after all. :thumbsup:

Hope things get worked out. Keep your head up and look for other options in the meantime.

I'm still waiting for money from the kid who hit me and Sarah.

So if it makes you feel any better, it will probably take much, much longer to get things sorted out.:devil:

Just kidding man. When you get the car back, feel free to come up for another visit anytime. I do still owe you $10, after all.:thumbsup:

Hope things get worked out. Keep your head up and look for other options in the meantime.

see that.. the guy WHO HIT US :)

so you only owe him $10.. he must be cheap :laugh:

see that.. the guy WHO HIT US :)

so you only owe him $10.. he must be cheap :laugh:

Yup :happy:

And I knew someone would make a dirty comment about that. It wasn't like that.

Rick just paid for a few of my drinks. :thumbsup:

....at Oktoberfest you sickos.

i know :crazy:

go for the challenge man! :thumbsup:

13 weeks of hell!

you dont understand. i have no problems with 9 weeks of training or 13 weeks of training.

Im a convicted felon. The army is the easiest branch of service for a person like me to join, meaning if the army doesnt accept me, then the other branches wont even bother looking through my paperwork.

you dont understand. i have no problems with 9 weeks of training or 13 weeks of training.

Im a convicted felon. The army is the easiest branch of service for a person like me to join, meaning if the army doesnt accept me, then the other branches wont even bother looking through my paperwork.

gotcha :thumbsup: sorry misunderstood that >_<

Archived