Accident update....

Rick B.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa!

I can see where they are coming from, but it definitely doesn't look like 6500 in damage. Looks are so deceiving and that white really disguises some of the damages.

damn, thats a good amount done though. still, like Xeryon said, i dont see how it could have been that much. basically looking at new hood, grill, rear quarter panel, diffuser, and i guess the rear strakes. i dont know why you'd need a new front bumper "cushion" and all that crap. maybe the vid doesnt make the front bumper look so bad, but it doesnt even look like it needs to be replaced.

Labor is so high because of 15.5 hours for the back quarter. They'll have to cut off the current one and install a new one, weld the seam, then grind and smooth it with body filler, plus paint (at least that's how I usually see it done).

The estimate isn't showing up. I'd be shocked if they actually replaced the front bumper cover. I can't tell from the vid on the hood, but that *may* not even need to be replaced either.

they say they cant fix the dent at the front of the hood because its aluminum. so they figure they should just replace it completely.

the front bumper has some nice stress fractures in it from when i hit the car in front of me. besides, im getting the front pieces of my oem kit

replaced along with it. so im not complaining about the bumper too much.

If there's an actual dent or crease in the hood, it would need to be replaced. Hard to tell what the damage is from the video. Fixing hoods is a waste of time.

im gonna try and get a CF oem hood for cheaper than a replacement stock hood.

shouldnt be too hard since they are quoting a stock hood for almost $600

Not to mention they had labor for painting it too.

girls insurance who rearended me is paying for a rental for me

and im 19.. so that sucks for her insurance.. cause you know they are going to charge them out the ass for me having a rental.. but pretty much they have to get me a car to drive

at least it'll be pretty when you get it back!

You got rear ended now? How many accidents has that poor sol been through?

Rick, that is a ridiculous estimate. What's this I read in another thread about you losing the car? Am I missing something?

hopefully the car will be fixed in less than two weeks. im trying to get a rental car for now.

i might not have the hood replaced or the oem kit replaced that way i can take that money and fix the mechanical problems with my car.

im thinking that i have a bad throw out bearing because its starting to grind into 4th and i can hear everything whirling around in the transmission whenever i let off the gas pedal. its bringing back memories of my civic. sheesh. I also need to get the timing belt replaced since the car does have alot of miles on it.

Besides, i dont need to be plowing through snow with a new kit on the car. ill wait until spring to replace that. if i have any money left over, ill get a bigger top mount intercooler and an intake on the car and have it retuned. more powah ftw. with those two on there, i should be about equal with a stock sti.

You got rear ended now? How many accidents has that poor sol been through?

lost count.. i made a thread about it.. so not my fault this time.. i was just driving and bam

you can say the tranny got f'ed up cause umm... it just did

there is no way in hell ill be able to justify the transmission as a part of the accident.

you were shifting right when you got hit, and it got forced into gear and kersplat! throw enough car words in there and you might be able to get it

Archived