Lookie Lookie

Well the other day we were helping supply throw some scrap metal, wood, and a bunch of parts away because we are getting ready to move from fob hammer to camp striker, and someone looked at me and told me to throw this away, i took it and hid it until we were released to go back to our rooms and i went and grabbed it and snuck it to my room, and now im in the process of cleaning it and rebuilding it... i wonder if itll work on my evo?!?

FREE TURBOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its brand new, never been used, just sat there and collected dust-err sand :p

turbofrontview.jpg

how can i get all the tan paint thats on the outside of the housing off?

garrettturbo.jpg

garrett1.jpg

gerrett50.jpg

gerrett.jpg

Just to let you see how big it is, a comparison in size with my M4

m4turbo.jpg

It needs a little TLC but i think when im done with it it wont look to shabby, and if it doesnt work on my evo then itll just be a good learning experience for me to rip it apart rebuild it and put it back together, at least then ill know a little more about turbos and how everything goes together inside that little snail shell :p

It looks like a turbo off of a Mack. Which run around 40psi. so good luck with puttin it on the Evo. Just another thought, how you getting it back over here?

nah its not the turbo from a mack, i think its from a hummvie (350 diesel turbo) and ill send it back through the mail, or in one of my bags, our bags arent checked because the airfoce flies us :p

if it did youre car would lagg soooo bad, lol

it would be like: laglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglag laglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglag laglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglag laglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglaglag BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST change gear :laugh:

It looks like a turbo off of a Mack. Which run around 40psi.

oh and i threw away a CAT turbo that was 2.5X bigger than the one i have, i picked it up and was like "theres no way in hell this would work on the evo!" lol but now that i think about it, i could have taken it and cleaned it up and sold it on ebay or craigslist and made me some monies >_<

yes its a humvee turbo.i also have one that i got from our maintenance at cobb speicher.and remeber it is a diesel turbo so it spools fast lol.

yeah hummvie turbos spool very quickly, i just hope if it does work on the evo, will it produce a good amount of power because the turbo hummvie has only 170hp *shakes head* i guess we will see right :devil:

• 2 weeks later...
yeah hummvie turbos spool very quickly

I think that's 'cause it's attached to a 6.0L diesel engine. The Evo is gonna suffocate trying to spool that thing, :laugh:

I think that's 'cause it's attached to a 6.0L diesel engine. The Evo is gonna suffocate trying to spool that thing, :laugh:

well im not gonna just slap it on there with a stock block and stock internals, the car will be built before a 40psi turbo gets put on :thumbsup:

that's badas*. That's going to be a mean Evo with that turbo.

haha thanks man

oh and a little update, the guy i bought the car from said this shop will take a trade if i clean it up and have it looking nice, he said theyll trade me a stage 2 20G turbo for that one... good trade or no?

well im not gonna just slap it on there with a stock block and stock internals, the car will be built before a 40psi turbo gets put on :thumbsup:

haha thanks man

oh and a little update, the guy i bought the car from said his shop will take a trade if i clean it up and have it looking nice, he said theyll trade me a stage 2 20G turbo for that one... good trade or no?

The 20G is a very nice turbo. I'm actually considering one for my Talon.

stage 2 20g? you said you had a 20g, so what is a "stage 2" one?

it would probably be a nice trade anyway since you would have a way easier time selling that turbo (especially to another evo member) than probably the other one.

for the record even flying back with the air force you still go through customs! and the post office definately wont let you mail it back! this is your fist tour isnt it?! ha ha ha trust me man customs checks containers, people, duffle bags, tuff boxes, back packs, bug out bags, computer cases, ect. good luck getting it back. but hey if you pull it off..... more power to ya!

stage 2 20g? you said you had a 20g, so what is a "stage 2" one?

it would probably be a nice trade anyway since you would have a way easier time selling that turbo (especially to another evo member) than probably the other one.

i was wrong joe, i have a super 16G turbo :crazy: is that better or worse than the 20G?

for the record even flying back with the air force you still go through customs! and the post office definately wont let you mail it back! this is your fist tour isnt it?! ha ha ha trust me man customs checks containers, people, duffle bags, tuff boxes, back packs, bug out bags, computer cases, ect. good luck getting it back. but hey if you pull it off..... more power to ya!

itll work, ill lock it up in my footlocker that goes in the connex unchecked :thumbsup:

Archived