1998 ancura integraa

delsol812

1998 integra ls!

got it dirt for 500.

was driven with no oil. guy wanted it gone.!

makes loud ticking sound!

thinkin it probably is crank!?

replaced oil pan and bearinings!

didn't help ran for a week and started up ALL OVER AGAIN

im looking at either rebuilding engine.

or swapping for a v tech

buy a stock b18b and boost it.

looking to somethinggg with it if i get

the right idea!

let me know what u think

and im new to honda forums!

thanks

im looking at either rebuilding engine.

or swapping for a v tech (no H for your future reference. It's VTEC)

buy a stock b18b and boost it. This would be the route I'd take if it were my car and I had the money to sink into it.

looking to somethinggg with it if i get

the right idea!

let me know what u think

and im new to honda forums!

thanks

See quoted post above.

hmm

so ive heard you can get like 8psi

on stock internals?

Depends on the turbo. PSI is not your determining factor, horsepower is. 6psi on one turbo setup might produce the same horsepower as 12psi on another Both are gonna have equal strain assuming both are intercooled to keep the higher heat from the smaller turbo/higher temps down. 300whp should be safe as long as it's tuned well....doesn't matter if it takes 6 psi or 12psi to get there as long as you keep things running cool.

Rebuild the motor that's in it, with performance internals, and boost 15 pounds.

As an example (talking to the op, not you Kastigir), running 15psi on a greddy kit would get you maybe 300-320whp. 15psi on a Peakboost kit will probably be in the 450whp range or better.

As an example (talking to the op, not you Kastigir), running 15psi on a greddy kit would get you maybe 300-320whp. 15psi on a Peakboost kit will probably be in the 450whp range or better.

so rebuild internals. greddy kit. and im making like...? 350whp?

do i need different axles? etc?

If you really want results and want to mess around with turboing a car then it is the best bang for your buck. LS turbo will be a pretty mean little guy and yes you can boost on stock internals. If your mechanically inclinned and moreso have the cash to spare rebuilding the block will not only result in a stronger block but higher boost levels and more HP is another bonus.

Is it a "ticking" sound like a clock or a constant "knocking" sound? Cause if its a ticking or clicking it could be an electrical issue. Undoubtful though considering your friend purposely ran it without oil lol.

• 2 weeks later...
If you really want results and want to mess around with turboing a car then it is the best bang for your buck. LS turbo will be a pretty mean little guy and yes you can boost on stock internals. If your mechanically inclinned and moreso have the cash to spare rebuilding the block will not only result in a stronger block but higher boost levels and more HP is another bonus.

Is it a "ticking" sound like a clock or a constant "knocking" sound? Cause if its a ticking or clicking it could be an electrical issue. Undoubtful though considering your friend purposely ran it without oil lol.

ya its a constand knocking sound!

ya well crap happens. im either considering the turbo on stock motor. or just buying a type r motor. there just seems to be SO MANY OPTIONS with integgrAS

Archived