Finally Back!

les.delancy

Hey really like the car. Thats what got me into mine. I rode in friends vtec and got one. Couldn't find the same one so I got an SI and boosted it. Also thanks for your service I have a friend that is over in Iraq as well.

Speaking of how pretty it is... now the bad (maybe someone can help). The console lid is broken and the buttons up on the dash above the steering wheel are faded all to hell (hazard flasher, cruise ect...). Any body have suggestions where to get a OEM interior replacement parts? The dealers I have tried say that can't get them anymore. I will have to replace the whole console box to fix the lid.

Hmm...

Hmm...

If Honda's not producing the parts anymore, you'll need to find someone parting a Sol or check around some junkyards. Won't be new parts, obviously, but you might be able to find some in decent enough condition.

I don't think my buttons faded, but never really pay much attention to them either. The console is fine, I doubt you'd have a hard time getting one in good condition.

I put out a request on an online parts finder, they have over a thousand junk yard on tap. That should work!

Also... I got my GSR cams today from SSR. Man, that was quick! I only sent Pay Pal like 36 hours ago! I felt like a little kid at Christmas. Now I got the fever bad... I'm gona rip my ECM out tonight and send it to Hondata for s300 nstall!

GSRcams.jpg

PS - If you ever hesitate to buy anything from SSR... don't, that was wicked quick and the lobes look great!!! :D

All I need is the box (inside console that screws in) and the lid. I only need the box beause that part of the hinge on mine is cracked. I'll look again when I get home, maybe the hinge is seperate. But if the lid is in good shape I'd be interested! Are all Sol's interior the same color? I'll post picture of mine and what is broken.

console

i have no idea how to rip stuff apart, i'll go dig it out later

also i believe everything under the grey part on your car is black in all of them, i have a 97, have no clue what year the console came out of as i bought it for the ashtray.

Dude, sorry! I forgot all about the pics last night... I'll definatley get them today or tonight. I was gona get the pics and pull my ECM, but some stupid ass vacuum salesman wasted an hour and a hald of my night. Dude just wouldn't go away!

sokay, i got my other car back last night and was so ecstatic about it that i forgot to go scavenge around in my shed, basically i have the whole center console intact minus the ashtray.. the reason i bought the whole thing anyway. i dont want to tear it apart simply because if i f*ck it up i ruin the whole thing, know what i mean?

I understand not wanting to tear it up. Can you send me pics (showing scratches)?

sorry i worked last night, i'll go out and get it in a couple minutes.

uploading to photobucket, also, seems i lied, only my ashtray had scratches, the lid is scratch free.. the compartment where the lighter goes is a bit dirty tho.

here ya go..

100_0974.jpg

100_0975.jpg

100_0976.jpg

100_0977.jpg

100_0978.jpg

Archived