Shift boot sagging

Hondahunter

:drool: Not relevant, but I knew you all would find this amusing... first time I came across one of airjordan's postings, I tried to wipe the gnat off of my monitor. LOL!

Same here! :D

Has anyone not had that reaction?

haha you are all my bitches now. enjoy the fingerprints on your screen :)

and i would go out and look for you, but my car is across the country soooo yeah.

but that rubber O face ring sounds like a good solution

haha you are all my bitches now. enjoy the fingerprints on your screen :)

and i would go out and look for you, but my car is across the country soooo yeah.

but that rubber O face ring sounds like a good solution

I will admit, I've gone after the gnat too! Then I got so used to it I didn't wipe the real ones off the screen.

Ahh I understand. But yeah O-ring sounds like the way I'm going to go.

My shifter knob that I bought came with a nut that screws onto the shifter rod... take the center console off with the shift boot, put the nut on and put the console back up and it won't sag and meets with the bottom of the shift knob. Just got to home depot or lowes or some other hardware store and find the right nut/thread and it'll work wonders :)

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but i am adding this in the case that someone(such as i did) looks at it for informational purposes....i read the thread to get general ideas of what other people were doing......although there is really no problem with the boot sag, if your OCD about it u can just simply remove the screws holding the console down, and without removing it completely u can reach under it. Simply put a tie strap(zip tie) or two loosely fitted on the shifter shaft, then with the boot pushed to the point that you want it to sit slide the tie straps up and tighten them up, because the shaft widens as it proceeds down the tie straps will not slip down and the boot will sit on top of them.....hope this helps someone

I know this is an old thread but i am adding this in the case that someone(such as i did) looks at it for informational purposes....i read the thread to get general ideas of what other people were doing......although there is really no problem with the boot sag, if your OCD about it u can just simply remove the screws holding the console down, and without removing it completely u can reach under it. Simply put a tie strap(zip tie) or two loosely fitted on the shifter shaft, then with the boot pushed to the point that you want it to sit slide the tie straps up and tighten them up, because the shaft widens as it proceeds down the tie straps will not slip down and the boot will sit on top of them.....hope this helps someone

You said shaft! :D

thick, hard, shaft.

anyways i came up with a new way to do it, by accident.

Stuff the console with polyfill, helps deaden noise, and keeps your boot fluffy.... like me!

thick, hard, shaft.

anyways i came up with a new way to do it, by accident.

Stuff the console with polyfill, helps deaden noise, and keeps your boot fluffy.... like me!

I used bunched up carpet padding, but same idea. Works for noise control very well.

Also, when I added my short shifter, instead of an O Ring for boot support, I used a 1/4" thick, 1" diameter dense rubber washer with a hole dirlled in the middle just slightly smaller than the threaded portion of the shifter. I then pushed it down just below the thread and it stays there very solidly when the boot is put back in place. Probably helps dampen vibration a little too.

Archived