Got a starting problem

89crxguy

hey i have an 89 crx, i think its the basic model. My rpoblem is...my car wont satrt after running it for a while. If i try starting it, nothing happens. Ignition,starter,battery are fine, but if i were to wait few mintues it would then go on. What can possibly be my problem?

hey i have an 89 crx, i think its the basic model. My rpoblem is...my car wont satrt after running it for a while. If i try starting it, nothing happens. Ignition,starter,battery are fine, but if i were to wait few mintues it would then go on. What can possibly be my problem?

Mostly in hot weather, or all the time? I have had several Hondas, one of them a CRX, that in hot weather would like vapor lock on me! Have to get out take gas cap off, then start right up! :crazy: I really dont understand why, I mean its a pressurized system, not like a 70's Ford pick-up! >_<

• 4 weeks later...

If it cuts and then starts after sitting for a while, you probably need to replace the main fuel cut relay. It is a common failure in all hondas and often missed by auto mechanics.

These are the symptoms to watch for

1) car cuts and won't start.

2) you wait a half an hour and it starts.

3) problem is highly intermittent and only occurs once in a while, and you never know when you will get stranded.

4) when it is working it works fine and there is no sign of any trouble.

5) you and/or you rmechanic have checked the ignition and there is no apparent problem.

If you are getting these symptoms just replace the main fuel cut relay, and the problem will probably go away.

anyone else agree?

Archived