engine leak???

jkm345

i recently put my engine back together, but now its leaking and i dont know where or HOW???i see it coming from the block (the part where the head and bottom block meet)..its like leaking from that point right on top of where the transmission connects to the engine, under the vtec-solenoid. Its wet there..i wipe it off, drove it and nows its wet again, it doesnt leak when the engine is turn on, but wen it is, it starts to leak..its not a heavy leak though..I just want to noe if anyone can help me out, or have this problem before with advice. I tighten the bolts that connect the head to the block 2lbs more then the recommended torque, is it NOT tight enough or wat??

i recently put my engine back together, but now its leaking and i dont know where or HOW???i see it coming from the block (the part where the head and bottom block meet)..its like leaking from that point right on top of where the transmission connects to the engine, under the vtec-solenoid. Its wet there..i wipe it off, drove it and nows its wet again, it doesnt leak when the engine is turn on, but wen it is, it starts to leak..its not a heavy leak though..I just want to noe if anyone can help me out, or have this problem before with advice. I tighten the bolts that connect the head to the block 2lbs more then the recommended torque, is it NOT tight enough or wat??

you could try that or you might have to take the head apart and replace the head gasket because it might have been a bad one

im assuming its leaking coolant. Well the wonderful thing about coolant is that its UV reactive. clean the crap outa your engine bay, get a VERY powerfull black light, and track that bad boy down.

you never mentioned it was coolant :thumbup:

yeahs, its coolant..the things is that, there is not much room to be looking around at it!!but i did happen to tighten the head down a lil more, and it somewhat stop the leaking a bit less!

yeahs, its coolant..the things is that, there is not much room to be looking around at it!!but i did happen to tighten the head down a lil more, and it somewhat stop the leaking a bit less!

You do know you were supposed to re-torque head after so many miles, right?

wells i just used the old head studs...was i suppose to get new ones??i mean, i didnt do anything to it, just switch out the bottom block...could that be the prob>?

If they're bolts and not actual studs, they need to be replaced when removed. The bolts used are torque to yield bolts.

Archived