new engine

hiemsnox

ok so i might have a chance of getting a honda civic from a guy who is wanting to just leaving his car in a field...

but he had done a motor swap no to long back... it has a b18 with somewhere between 60,000-80,000 miles in it and i was wondering how hard do you think it would be to swap out my d16 with auto tranny to the b18 with the manual. i had been wanting to get a b16 but if i can get this for free or even $500 i really want to try... any suggestions on what i should do or if it is even possible?

thanks

why is he just gonna leave it in a field? does it run? if so why not just take that and not worry about turnin ur car from auto to manuel, and just drive his.

cause i absolutely love my del sol and i wouldnt switch it for a 93 civic.

but i was more curious if any one had ever done a switch like that, i mean shouldnt all the cars be able to get a manual tranny if i have all the parts?

cause i absolutely love my del sol and i wouldnt switch it for a 93 civic.

but i was more curious if any one had ever done a switch like that, i mean shouldnt all the cars be able to get a manual tranny if i have all the parts?

What year is motor in Civic, and also what year and model and condition is Civic?

i think that you guys are forgetting that I'm going to be the one that is getting the b18 lol

He is, not me! :thumbsup:

Like I said, get it do swaps and sell Civic! Never sell Sol like I did! >_<

Year and model of Civic??

so back to my main piont... anyone know how hard or possible it will be to get this motor in mine?

Answer my question then! :thumbsup:

I want to know year of motor, and year of Civic!! >_<

I am asking for a reason! :dry:

Answer my question then! :thumbsup:

I want to know year of motor, and year of Civic!! >_<

I am asking for a reason! :dry:

well its in a 93 civic but i wanna put it into my 95 del sol si

and i have no idea what year the engine is yet.

and i deff dont want to drive the civic cause supposedly it has been riced up... not my cup of tea if u ask me

i really dont know the details about the car yet i havent even seen it... i just know that a guy is planning on getting rid of it and that i might have a chance on getting it.

well its in a 93 civic but i wanna put it into my 95 del sol si

and i have no idea what year the engine is yet.

and i deff dont want to drive the civic cause supposedly it has been riced up... not my cup of tea if u ask me

i really dont know the details about the car yet i havent even seen it... i just know that a guy is planning on getting rid of it and that i might have a chance on getting it.

Wasn't trying to be too pissy, but there are a few reasons I want info! :thumbsup:

1. If motor is older than car, it wont pass inspection!

2. If motor is older than Civic(which I dont think it is now that I have year, but still possible) that mimight of been reason he is giving up on it!

3. Resale value if you swap motors around between the 2! Possibly make money and have motor!

Wasn't trying to be too pissy, but there are a few reasons I want info! :thumbsup:

1. If motor is older than car, it wont pass inspection!

2. If motor is older than Civic(which I dont think it is now that I have year, but still possible) that mimight of been reason he is giving up on it!

3. Resale value if you swap motors around between the 2! Possibly make money and have motor!

well i'm pretty sure that the car atleast ran at one point cause supposedly he was running 15sec 1/4 mile

second when u say that it wont pass inspection... u mean like emissions? cause we dont have that in ohio.

also would the b18 have the same motor mounts as the d16?

NO! >_<

If you dont have to do inspections, you would probably be ok! Then if you sell it, it might cause problems, if new owner has too! Something to keep in mind! :thumbsup:

If you're doing this for speed gains, then you're better off building your stock D16 as opposed to swapping in a B series and doing an auto to manual conversion. As airjordan said, it can get pretty expensive, especially if you aren't doing it yourself. On top of that, the B18B isn't that great of an engine. It's pulling 15's in the 1/4 mile, and if I'm not mistaken, the Civic is lighter than the Del Sol, so you'd be going a bit slower than 15's.

That being said, the swap isn't overly difficult, but if you're not doing it yourself, it's almost not worth it... even if you are doing it yourself, it's still not worth it IMO. It's only a 30 HP gain, which you can get with simple bolt ons and a good tune for less than you'd get the entire swap done for.

Plus, the car is sitting in a field... there's a reason for that.

Edit:

I'm only assuming it's a B18B as nobody has actually said any different, and if it were a GSR or ITR engine, then I'd say go for it, but I seriously doubt anyone would leave a GSR/ITR in a field, and a stock (unmodded) GSR/ITR Civic runs faster than 15's in the 1/4.

If you're doing this for speed gains, then you're better off building your stock D16 as opposed to swapping in a B series and doing an auto to manual conversion. As airjordan said, it can get pretty expensive, especially if you aren't doing it yourself. On top of that, the B18B isn't that great of an engine. It's pulling 15's in the 1/4 mile, and if I'm not mistaken, the Civic is lighter than the Del Sol, so you'd be going a bit slower than 15's.

That being said, the swap isn't overly difficult, but if you're not doing it yourself, it's almost not worth it... even if you are doing it yourself, it's still not worth it IMO. It's only a 30 HP gain, which you can get with simple bolt ons and a good tune for less than you'd get the entire swap done for.

Plus, the car is sitting in a field... there's a reason for that.

Edit:

I'm only assuming it's a B18B as nobody has actually said any different, and if it were a GSR or ITR engine, then I'd say go for it, but I seriously doubt anyone would leave a GSR/ITR in a field, and a stock (unmodded) GSR/ITR Civic runs faster than 15's in the 1/4.

see thats the thing that i'm not sure on... as far as i know the only reason he wants to get rid of it is cause its ricey and he is just graduating college and doesnt want some little kid toy car.

about the engine the only thing i know is that he had it installed in his car when his old motor died and he got the engine shipped over here from japan for somewhere around $4k...

and supposedly he has already done all the Japanese to American conversion too.. but not sure how that will change over into my car.

Archived