best d series tranny?

alright i got a d16z6 and need a new tranny my first gear is gone and im hoping to get a new tranny b4 winter hits so im wondering if theres a better trans than the z6 tranny to pair up with my motor any help would be appreciated

alright i got a d16z6 and need a new tranny my first gear is gone and im hoping to get a new tranny b4 winter hits so im wondering if theres a better trans than the z6 tranny to pair up with my motor any help would be appreciated

MPG or performance??

MPG or performance??

looking for performance but i just bought a exedy clutch and fidanza flywheel for the z6 tranny can i still use those parts with a different tranny or do i got to stick with the z6 tranny sorry forgot to mention that in the first post

Pretty sure the z6 is pretty sought after as one of the better (maybe the best?) d-series tranny's and if you got a new clutch and flywheel for it it'll make it that much better. Maybe wait for SSR on as he's the local tranny god, or Jason since he bought my z6 tranny off me last week lol.

Pretty sure the z6 is pretty sought after as one of the better (maybe the best?) d-series tranny's and if you got a new clutch and flywheel for it it'll make it that much better. Maybe wait for SSR on as he's the local tranny god, or Jason since he bought my z6 tranny off me last week lol.

Yea im hoping SSR will pop in here to help out :-

Only if you has SSR or some one build you one! :thumbsup:

now thats what i would like but dont know if i can afford it lol guess ill have to see as i keep saving money :laugh:

I prefer the Y8 for its steel shift forks. I've never had one bend, but have broken a few aluminum forks in the 92-95 trans.

Y8/Z6 have almost identical gearing.

Still, both are far from good. Longer than an LS trans.

A transmission really is the best bang for the buck.

I prefer the Y8 for its steel shift forks. I've never had one bend, but have broken a few aluminum forks in the 92-95 trans.

Y8/Z6 have almost identical gearing.

Still, both are far from good. Longer than an LS trans.

A transmission really is the best bang for the buck.

so would the y8 trans work with my z6 clutch n flywheel?

yep

ok thats good to hear anyone know around how much one runs money wise? ive looked on craigslist couldnt find any..want to try to find one in good shape with low miles hopefully :thumbsup:

300+shipping for a WDR Street Y8.

ok that sounds good ill pm you when i come up with the money should be around a month tops thanks for the quote :thumbsup:

What is done to them at that price??? :drool:

lol thats a good question guess i probably should of asked to haha :laugh: thanks for havin my back :thumbsup: haha

disassembled, cleaned, inspected, 2-3-4 gear cones scuffed, any parts replaced that need to be, new OEM ISB/seal, new OEM axle seals (if needed), new OEM mainshaft thrust washer, clearances checked, assembled.

disassembled, cleaned, inspected, 2-3-4 gear cones scuffed, any parts replaced that need to be, new OEM ISB/seal, new OEM axle seals (if needed), new OEM mainshaft thrust washer, clearances checked, assembled.

Alright cool will definitely be going to you for the tranny thanks for all the help and info

Nice if I get a new Sol soon, I wil be actually doing a tranny with you! :thumbsup: Hell if I was keeping Teggy I would have a tranny done for it with a higher 5th! Taching 3000 at 65 sucks! >_<

Archived