Idle searching

Hondahunter

When it's cold, my motor searches for idle for a good five minutes. When I bought it, I had a CEL and ran the code. It turned out to be a TDC sensor, so I replaced the whole distributor and fixed the light. Unfortunately, the idle was only slightly improved. It idles fine when it's a warm day or after it's warmed up. Any ideas?

When it's cold, my motor searches for idle for a good five minutes. When I bought it, I had a CEL and ran the code. It turned out to be a TDC sensor, so I replaced the whole distributor and fixed the light. Unfortunately, the idle was only slightly improved. It idles fine when it's a warm day or after it's warmed up. Any ideas?

Only drive when it 75 or warmer? :thumbsup:

move to FL?

haha but okay yah umm.. tune up?

Has new plugs, wires, Mobil1 full syn, distrib, battery, starter and adjusted the valves...any other things to do? Lol

buy a new car haha

put some fuel injector cleaner in it?

im just naming random stuff now haha

remind me NOT to trust you in the future! :p haha jk! I might throw some cleaner in, I did it 10k ago, but I ran unleaded in it so probably wouldn't hurt to clean her up again.

do u have an idle air control valve?some b16s have it and others dont.this could easily be ur problem.also check all vacuum lines.before i did my swap my car did that crap.but my new manifold had no spot for that valve so i didnt use it.also i removed the majority of vacuum lines for emissions crap and it stopped.also timing coulkd have something to do with it.

its a summer car:).

haha this is true :thumbsup: It would be super nice if I had something to drive the rest of the time. But then again it would have to be something else with a B-series :sorcerer:

Did I mention I LOVE new emoticons?!?!?!

do u have an idle air control valve?some b16s have it and others dont.this could easily be ur problem.also check all vacuum lines.before i did my swap my car did that crap.but my new manifold had no spot for that valve so i didnt use it.also i removed the majority of vacuum lines for emissions crap and it stopped.also timing coulkd have something to do with it.

I almost missed you post! Hmm, idk I'll have to check my service manual to see if I have one or not. Timing has already been set, I did that when I replaced my distributor.

poor idle air flow will not always activate CEL - check for vaccum leaks and air leaks in your intake system - if that's not it remove TB and IAC motor and clean all ot the passages really well with TB cleaner - make sure you are very careful with the TB gasket or use a new one

poor idle air flow will not always activate CEL - check for vaccum leaks and air leaks in your intake system - if that's not it remove TB and IAC motor and clean all ot the passages really well with TB cleaner - make sure you are very careful with the TB gasket or use a new one

I'm gonna do that soon, I'm almost sure that's gonna be my problem. :thumbsup:

I'll letcha know!

Archived