Fun with a 1Ds Mark III, 50D, and 5D

sup

Here I'll post all my shots from my brief time at Calumet Camera today playing with some expensive toys. I'm finding a RAW converter for the 50D right now, so those won't be up until I get that done. Altogether I shot with a:

1Ds Mark III with a 14mm f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 200mm f/2L IS, 400mm f/4 IS DO

50D with an 18-200 f/3.5-f/5.6 IS, 50mm f/1.2L

5D with a 15mm f/2.8

Reviews of everything coming soon.

Here's the only photo I have done so far. 21.1mp files are hyooooge. Shot with a 1Ds Mark III and 14mm f/2.8L

_D6F0524w.jpg

Looks nice. THat ISO 3200 on the 50d looks about the same as the D300 at that ISO. Both are friggin impressive. Sometimes (a lot of times) I wish I had gone with Canon. I just prefer the layout of Nikon's settings/menus. OH well, I still may switch down the road.

1Ds Mark III at ISO 800 with the 200mm f/2L IS. Holy balls. 800 is as clean as 100 on my XTi.

3D6F0547w.jpg

3D6F0547wcrop.jpg

(yes that crop is completely untouched and wide open)

Current 5D @ ISO 1600 with the 15mm f/2.8 fisheye. AF on this thing is loud as hell, but a pretty sweet lens overall. As for the 5D, it's an absolute dinosaur compared to the other two camera I tested, but there's no doubt it's capable of unbelievable photos. You can't beat full frame (well unless you shoot MF)

img0595wrn1.jpg

img0595wcropzp5.jpg

1Ds Mark III at ISO 1600 with the 400mm f/4 IS DO. It's an interesting lens, but I wouldn't buy one. It's pretty light, IS works great, but because of the Diffractive Optics the colors aren't as great as a real L and you sacrifice a little sharpness.

3d6f0555wvs5.jpg

Archived