Brake setups

jerrodh

I need some new brakes on the del sol and I'm just wondering whats a performance enhancining (but somewhat economical) setup. I'm thinking rotors/new pads for sure but possibly new loaded calipers?

What do you think lol...

I need some new brakes on the del sol and I'm just wondering whats a performance enhancining (but somewhat economical) setup. I'm thinking rotors/new pads for sure but possibly new loaded calipers?

What do you think lol...

Brembo :thumbsup:

Slotted not drilled rotors, with Hawk pads! :drool:

Weird. I wrote a response to this and after I posted it I saw my response in the thread and now it is gone?

Brembo blanks with Axxis ceramic pads is what I have. I bought them through IRP on H-T for about 1/2 the price NAPA wanted for the same parts. I think it was around $125 shipped for all four rotors and the pads.

I'll get right on that Brian. *Suicide*

Probably go with some brembos in hawk pads thanks guys. Just don't know if I should bother changing out all the calipers or not for some replacement OEMs.

this was brought up in another thread and i think the general response was better pads, good fluid, steal breaded lines, air ducting to cool the brakes, and a rear disc swap

now i would recomend against the brake cooling ducts. infact on a dd/street car it could have a negative effect. steal lines are eh, they help but ou'll see gains in the pads/rotor department first!

The steel lines are more geared towards NASA requirements (or so I heard). And are last on my list lol.

that could be and if so im guessing they're gonna want a teflon line as well.

you could always try to dig up some gsr brake stuff, like the booster, MC, rotors/calipers. ; I think they would be better than stock del sol si parts.

I put the full rotors w/calipers from my parts GSR onto my civic and now I can't run my crx 13's anymore. :(

I had to throw the LS meshies on it.

Teg brake system vs Del Sol Si system there isn't much of a difference. Wouldn't be worth the effort for a .75 larger front rotor. I think the backs are the same. I may be off, but that is still a ton of work for minimal gain.

I did a conversion on the sedan. I have a LS rear end with a GSR booster, prop valve, MC and replaced the softlines with new steel braided ones. Put new brembo blanks at all four corners with axxis ceramic pads and the car stops so hard now that it made my neck sore. Coming from rear rotors that made a HUGE difference.

I vote: buy some quality OE rotors, get some performance ceramic pads, clean up and paint the calipers something simple (like black just to clean them up) and if you are feeling really gung-ho replace the lines with steel. For street the steel lines probably have no use, but they gave my pedal a very nice feel to it and they look nice through the wheels where they stick out a little.

Teg brake system vs Del Sol Si system there isn't much of a difference. Wouldn't be worth the effort for a .75 larger front rotor. I think the backs are the same. I may be off, but that is still a ton of work for minimal gain.

I did a conversion on the sedan. I have a LS rear end with a GSR booster, prop valve, MC and replaced the softlines with new steel braided ones. Put new brembo blanks at all four corners with axxis ceramic pads and the car stops so hard now that it made my neck sore. Coming from rear rotors that made a HUGE difference.

I vote: buy some quality OE rotors, get some performance ceramic pads, clean up and paint the calipers something simple (like black just to clean them up) and if you are feeling really gung-ho replace the lines with steel. For street the steel lines probably have no use, but they gave my pedal a very nice feel to it and they look nice through the wheels where they stick out a little.

also if you use the teg knuckles you can no longer run 13's which a 13x8 wheel is a very good wheel on a honda with some hosier a6's in auto-x just keeping your options open.

Archived