seatbelt chime

Blackharger06

sometimes theres a plug under the seat just unplug that not sure what car you have but ive seen cars with the plug under the seat

The plug will it think the seatbelt is unhooked, so it will still chime. I know that this isn't what you wanted to hear, but wear your damn seatbelt.

Well it's not my car so no worried there, but my grandmother just picked up a honda civic. A nice car for her to get to church bowling bingo, exct... So she has a dog that she takes everywhere with her, and the little guy isn't really built to wear a seatbelt. I know people are all over ya when you mention how to disable a seatbelt device but in this case it's clearly not a saftey issue. If anyone knows how to disable the seat belt chime that would be a big help. I browsed a few honda forums but those guys all over you for disabling a saftey device and I understand their concern but that's not the point.

pretty much yea.

Does any one use passenger seat? How bout you go to wrecking yard and cut off the piece that inserts into it and just insert it in to it? Passenger would just have to remove to use seatbelt?:thumbsup:

Edited by mpearce1974

Does any one use passenger seat? How bout you go to wrecking yard and cut off the piece that inserts into it and just insert it in to it? Passenger would just have to remove to use seatbelt?:thumbsup:

Yea that might work, I could also just click it and put it behind the seat. I told her that I could program it like in my charger at least I thought :) ah well guess not.

The passenger seatbelt shouldn't cause it to chime. The chime is only associated with the drivers seat.

Well not in this car, maybe in older models, if there is something in the seat it thinks it's a person, and well a dog doesn't pass the honda test. Your right if someone is driving and nobody is in the seat at all it's fine. The easiest thing to do is to just disable chime with a key cycle like on most other cars. When I am in the honda it isn't the chime that makes me buckle up, grandma won't drive anywhere with out them on. :)

• 8 months later...

There's a connector under the center of the seat, about a quarter of the way towards the back.. If you're not sure just follow the cable coming out of the seat belt itself.. Unplug it, it has 3 wires.. This will do the trick, the only problem though is your air bag is not going to work on the passenger air bags.. So if your grandma has other passengers besides the dog, you may want to follow the guys advice about using another seatbelt end..