b18 c5

lanceh2503

Your need an ECU for the engine your running. H-series transmissions are not noted as honda's best thats for sure. I'd suggest you order your motor (any motor) from hmotorsonline.com. A very reputable engine wholesaler (most will agree on this site as well). I got a b16 sitting in my Del Sol from them and am very happy with the end result. Not to mention you can buy COMPLETE swaps from them taking a lot of hassle out of the process.

Your need an ECU for the engine your running. H-series transmissions are not noted as honda's best thats for sure. I'd suggest you order your motor (any motor) from hmotorsonline.com. A very reputable engine wholesaler (most will agree on this site as well). I got a b16 sitting in my Del Sol from them and am very happy with the end result. Not to mention you can buy COMPLETE swaps from them taking a lot of hassle out of the process.

+1 agreed hmotorsonline.com FTW if you stick with the h series tranny i think you have to do some custom work with the tranny mount but im not 100% never done a h series swap...there is a plate you can buy to convert the h22 to work with a b series tranny though because alot of ppl dont like the h series transmissions and i think that also makes the swap alot easier

im going to put a b18 c5 in to my hatch and i need now what ecu is best for this motor ive been look at p28 ecu any one now

if i get s300 hondadate it doesnt matter what ecu , unless it's obd1 because i can program it with hondadata

wtf? First it was an H22 and now b18c5. In the future, don't just change your original post. Either start a different one, or better yet, just discuss it in the thread. When you go changing stuff, it confuses ppl.

And the correct ecu is P73.

wtf? First it was an H22 and now b18c5. In the future, don't just change your original post. Either start a different one, or better yet, just discuss it in the thread. When you go changing stuff, it confuses ppl.

And the correct ecu is P73.

stop crying

im learning so if i think i should change what i want to build then i will so shut up little girl

stop crying

im learning so if i think i should change what i want to build then i will so shut up little girl

Help usually ends when you act like an butthead :thumbsup:

This site is full of good people to help, he was trying to make it easy for everyone to read.

stop crying

You're too new and insignificant to be casting out insults like that, princess.

You can run the USDM ITR ECU in the car, just need a conversion harness.

please tell us SSR , what sensor will cause him to throw an engine light if he runs that setup you told him too?

stop crying

Seriously if your asking for help don't be a DB. And all Alex was saying was if you where to just reply to your thread and say "Hey I'm going to do a b18 instead of an H22" that be alot better because it is confusing when the first 5 threads are talking about H22's and all of a sudden its a b18, not to mention if you already replied about the H22. Cause when I opened this thread up I didnt read the title, first few posts because I had already replied...

No sensors will cause a CEL. B18C5 + P73 = as ITR's came from the factory, they don't throw any CEL's.

Common sense says if you convert to OBD2, then add an o2 sensor.

O2 sensor and?

P73 + b18c5 + OBD1 car is not how they came. theres no wiring not only for the O2 sensor , the crank fluctuation sensor wont have a plug , since it doesnt exist in an obd1 car. if you wanted to run the obd2 ecu , youd need to add these 2 things. the JDM ITR ecu wont look for either. plug and play with conversion harness.

I've never done this before and I don't know if there's a rule against it, or what, but I'm gonna publicly post a pm that I got from this a**hole.

"im trying to get a project going and if i feel that i need to change my build then i will and i will ask all the question i need . dont replay if you dont like it you little bitch"

This dude is being a total prick.

Hey lanceh2503, why don't u try and be civil whilst asking for ppl's help? I was merely informing u on Standard Procedure on ANY forum.

I've been on a couple forums where it seemed the S.P. was to flame everyone as hard as u could. This is NOT 1 of those forums.

I like it here because of that. Maybe u could learn to like it as well.

Archived