Well I am joining the navy

chris_agu28

Yeah I have decided there is nothing in this town but a crap college, dead end jobs, and hanging with friends being bored as hell and doing nothing every night. Plus after my day and how REALLY bad it was, I have come to the decision to join the navy. Going to recruiter on monday. I can't decide if I want to be a ET or IT and to be on a destroyer or a sub. I most likely be a IT on a destroyer and I have a good feeling I will be stationed in Norfolk VA or Mayport FL. but I might end up somewhere else, ya know? So while I am in boot camp and A and C school I will try to get on as much as possible. Not trying to leave this second family of mine. lol.

Another reason I am leaving to go to the navy is cause I need some self discpline and need to live life on my own and not with my family.

Sweet brah.

Thanks man. I was expecting a "what? are you stupid?" or something along that lines.

good luck man, enjoying being in the pacific ocean with no one haha

Thanks you know I will love it. As long as I am here for the HF trip I will be VERY HAPPY. I will even save up some leave time for it.

im happy for you man best route when in the slumps about life

Thanks man. I am happy this forum supports my decisions. I hope everything goes good for you as well.

thanks, and thats why i love this forum, good HONEST support

Yeah that is what I love about this forum as well. Plus I there are still fun moments all over the forum. Now I know why I chose this forum then any other honda forum.

I know a few people in the navy and its making their life alot better. Good luck man!

Thanks and that is what a lot of people are saying. It betters there lives and that is what I am hoping for since I do need to better my life.

hell yeah good luck chris!!!! hope you have fun bro :happy:

Yeah I hope I don't go to Iraq for some reason but thanks man, I will try to have fun as well.

had to do it

good luck chris!! i know how small towns are :(

Thanks Sarah. haha Yeah so you know How I am feeling lol.

i take it chris is the blck guy? :laugh:

Oh man, you know it.

Yeah I hope I don't go to Iraq for some reason but thanks man, I will try to have fun as well.

nahh iraq isnt as bad as you think it is really, the war is over. it has been over since 2005, now all we do it patrols, supply runs (what i do), recovery missions, detainee missions, and whatever your job is. youd get stuck in one of those, oh or commander or first sgt/ sgt majors driver/betch lol

Yeah I have decided there is nothing in this town but a crap college, dead end jobs, and hanging with friends being bored as hell and doing nothing every night. Plus after my day and how REALLY bad it was, I have come to the decision to join the navy. Going to recruiter on monday. I can't decide if I want to be a ET or IT and to be on a destroyer or a sub. I most likely be a IT on a destroyer and I have a good feeling I will be stationed in Norfolk VA or Mayport FL. but I might end up somewhere else, ya know? So while I am in boot camp and A and C school I will try to get on as much as possible. Not trying to leave this second family of mine. lol.

Another reason I am leaving to go to the navy is cause I need some self discpline and need to live life on my own and not with my family.

Congrats on your decision. I am actually doing some work with the Navy and they just launched a site that contains information about how to get the process started. It also describes their officer programs if you're at all interested in that. Good luck!

oh boy more black shoes, if you want a job that transfers outside of the military look at going AM, AD, AE, AT, pecker checker, or dental. other than that your just putting yourself in a dead end job. trust me, been there, done that.

oh boy more black shoes, if you want a job that transfers outside of the military look at going AM, AD, AE, AT, pecker checker, or dental. other than that your just putting yourself in a dead end job. trust me, been there, done that.

I don't think that is the case. There are many careers in the Navy that get you ahead in the industry you are interested in. This is especially true for technical careers or those who want to get ahead in the engineering field.

Good luck Chris! Good decision man, the military always looks good on applications when/if you do something afterwards, and it's a very respectable career to stick with. I'm joining the Marines in about a year and a half myself.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I don't think that is the case. There are many careers in the Navy that get you ahead in the industry you are interested in. This is especially true for technical careers or those who want to get ahead in the engineering field.

yeah better hope you like going to classes while your on deployment, because just about any tech field outside of being an airdale your looking at going back to school for 4 years to even be able to get into the field on the civvy side. That was the nice thing about being an AM. oncei got out i was taking jobs that started me at about 27-32 an hour.

im thinking about after i get out of the army going to work for either KBR or some other contracting company in iraq, they make ALOT of bank. about $150,000 a year :dribble:

Archived