I need some help

Casper200519

I have included some pics of the underside of my motor where the oil pan meets the crankshaft pulley. I noticed when I was under it doing the oil change that something didn't look right. I hope that someone can tell me what it is. Here are the pics.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/angel_eyezz09/Donnie/

I know that it is a broken bolt, however I don't know where it would have came from.

Damn you ruined my post! >_<

As for what it is from I has no clue? Everything behind timing cover is I would think is quite vital, and if bolt had backed out I would think it would be a pretty bad thing! :crazy: Also quite noticeable! :o

Damn you ruined my post! >_<

As for what it is from I has no clue? Everything behind timing cover is I would think is quite vital, and if bolt had backed out I would think it would be a pretty bad thing! :crazy: Also quite noticeable! :o

I've been driving on it like that for about 3 months now... I am guessing at that, cause I didn't see it on the last oil change that I did.

I've been driving on it like that for about 3 months now... I am guessing at that, cause I didn't see it on the last oil change that I did.

I am thinking some one had top portion of timing cover off and dropped said bolt in bottom portion? Then replaced bolt and left old one in bottom, cause they were lazy bastards?

I am thinking some one had top portion of timing cover off and dropped said bolt in bottom portion? Then replaced bolt and left old one in bottom, cause they were lazy bastards?

Well I've had the car for 3 years and I've never taken the top of the timing cover off. I can guess around the time that it happened, about 3 months ago I downshifted to go around this stupid kid that cut me off and I heard a pop and then a loud "screaming" noise. Made the noise for about 2 days than the sound went away.

That sir is your bottom timing cover bulged out. that screaching noise you heard was it probably rubbing on your timing belt.:thumbsup:

If I were you I would park the car until you replace your timing belt, because its just not worth breaking it. it is an interferance engine and it will blow up if it breaks. However if you don't fix it immediatly and it breaks let me know so I can say (told you so). :D

You need to get that fixed like yesterday!

Let me rephrase that? I just looked closer at the pics, there is actually a bolt rubbing on your timing belt and it looks like the ones that go in the water pump so not only will your water pump fall off but it will also break your timing belt.

It is in your best interest to STOP DRIVING IT NOW!!! while it still runs. :nono:

Archived