M2B4 LSD transmission

ex-r-wagon

I have a 4th Gen JDM M2B4 Prelude transmission that I am rebuilding and I need a new 5th gear as the teeth that the synco sleeve slides onto are really messed up (Honda's infamous 5th gear grind TSB). The gear ratio is .787 so it is different than the USDM Prelude transmission so I can't buy a replacement gear in North America. Does anyone have a site/contact/on-line parts order place in Japan for OEM Honda parts? Thanks to anyone that can help.

I have a 4th Gen JDM M2B4 Prelude transmission that I am rebuilding and I need a new 5th gear as the teeth that the synco sleeve slides onto are really messed up (Honda's infamous 5th gear grind TSB). The gear ratio is .787 so it is different than the USDM Prelude transmission so I can't buy a replacement gear in North America. Does anyone have a site/contact/on-line parts order place in Japan for OEM Honda parts? Thanks to anyone that can help.

Honda dealer can't order it from Japan?? Maybe it was just b/c my buddy had connections, but he got our Honda dealer to get him a used B17 from Japan

Honda dealer can't order it from Japan?? Maybe it was just b/c my buddy had connections, but he got our Honda dealer to get him a used B17 from Japan

They can, but they usually get in trouble for doing so. The guy I bought my glasstop skin from did just that, apparently got a lot of crap for it.

They can, but they usually get in trouble for doing so. The guy I bought my glasstop skin from did just that, apparently got a lot of crap for it.

ahhh. I wonder what I could pull off :devil: , I have a connection or two.

Sorry OP, not trying to threadjack o:)

Archived