What is the best way to get Sponsored?

Ha, good luck.

Getting sponseored is hard. My friend won NHRA SFWD World Championship, and NHRA SC Driver of the year and he has a hard time getting sponsership money.

As far as the 1/4 scene goes money is hard to come by, and I imagine the way the economy is right now money isn't just floating around to go towards car sponsorships.

Get a job and sponsor yourself. More rewarding too.

aww dammit your totally right....

i still want to take my car to a show though... or a meet

whichever..

are there any u kno of here in cali?

The whole point about sponsoring is to promote they're products to be sold. Now do you really think giving random people thousands and thousands of dollars in parts would be good marketing?

You have to earn it and even then you may still be out of luck.

use your own money, fix your car up yourself, then get a mag shoot, then get a reason for someone to sponsor your project

ok, now i feel we're gettin somewhere

so your sayin i should send pictures of my car to magazines?

use your own money, fix your car up yourself, then get a mag shoot, then get a reason for someone to sponsor your project

He has to build his car up to 3.0 stars first, then he will have to race to the Magazine shoot in a specified amount of time. If he makes it in time then he gets a magazine shoot and unlocks more items.

wallpaper_need_for_speed_underground_2_04_1600.jpg

One nice thing about Mac that will always be better then PC is that I cannot be rick rolled

Yea, dude. To get a sponsorship you need to spend the money on your car first. Attend some shows. Win or place well several times so that a magazine wants to do a write up about you. Exposure through doing well at shows and magazines is what you need to have before any one is going to sponsor you.

If you just spend pics to a magazine they are probably going to laugh at you unless you have done some seriously crazy custom work.

He has to build his car up to 3.0 stars first, then he will have to race to the Magazine shoot in a specified amount of time. If he makes it in time then he gets a magazine shoot and unlocks more items.

wallpaper_need_for_speed_underground_2_04_1600.jpg

lmao i was sitting there thinking how do i get my car up to 3 stars?

then i saw what u were gettin at... wonderful

well how do i enter a show?

i would really really like to get started and i just dont know where to look

but here are some pictures of my honda

downsized_0903081507.jpg

downsized_0903081507a.jpg

I'm putting in lambo door hinges next week and installing these headlights probably around the same time...

yhst-5006790027353_2022_42159815.gif

so far i have a JVC radio installed, with 2 12" Sony Xplod subs with a 1400w Crunch amp and capacitor put in..

i also have the in-dash screen with a flip switch so I can watch dvds from the JVC receiver...

i have a Tein suspension and an AEM v2 intake installed

not counting the rear wide body fenders with nsx scoops and Tenzo R rims

You've got a healthy start. The more custom work the better you will do.

As for finding shows, ads in magazines and listings on certain car forums and websites, even simple stuff like the county fairs are a good place to start if only to get acquainted with the process.

You've got a healthy start. The more custom work the better you will do.

As for finding shows, ads in magazines and listings on certain car forums and websites, even simple stuff like the county fairs are a good place to start if only to get acquainted with the process.

thanks, i'll look through some honda magazines and stuff like that...

what forums(stupid question) and websites would u recommend?

sponsorship is hard man. i got lucky with my springs. what do u plan on doing to your to your car anyways

well i definitely wanna get new headers with an exhaust system...

i wanna get performance spark plugs with red spark plug wires...

somebody recommended a new throttle body.... anybody know a good place to get one?

or at least a good one to get

maybe a sports clutch and short shifter...

i also one day dream of converting to a RWD and putting in the 2010 Honda NSX engine....

how did you get your springs?

well i definitely wanna get new headers with an exhaust system...

i wanna get performance spark plugs with red spark plug wires...

somebody recommended a new throttle body.... anybody know a good place to get one?

or at least a good one to get

maybe a sports clutch and short shifter...

i also one day dream of converting to a RWD and putting in the 2010 Honda NSX engine....

how did you get your springs?

There's no reason at all to get a larger throttle body unless you get a new Intake Manifold too....even then a port matched OEM throttle body would do fine.

Plugs...you're wasting your money. OEM or NGK plugs are going to give you the best spark. OE Plug Wires are going to do the best too unless you just want red wires to stand out like a sore thumb.

You also don't need anything besides the stock clutch unless you start building up some power (which header exhaust and plugs aren't gonna do).

Short shifter go with a brand name, but most are much stiffer than the stock shifter. I can shift faster with a stock shifter than a short one.

Out of all the things you mentioned this is probably going to be the only thing that will get you what you want.

The other things you may want to do, but they are all just typical bolt on items that every other attendee at a car show is also going to have. Adding them to your car will help, but likely will not win you any competitions. Like I said above, bolt on items are a dime a dozen, custom is where it is at.

Yup. You need like 4 15" subs in your trunk, and a split hood and graphics up the yin yang.

That's funny cause there's a teg here than is painted half white, half black and has a yin yang symbol on the hood....looks horrible IMO.

I just thought of something I hadn't seen before: Power trunk that pops open and then flips upside down into a minibar/table

Perfect. See? Look how helpful we can be. You're well on your way to being sponsored once you get started on your drinking/driving mobile.

Perfect. See? Look how helpful we can be. You're well on your way to being sponsored once you get started on your drinking/driving mobile.

great, now i'm going to go to bartender school and make money selling right out of my car... i can put in some strobe lights that come out of the taillights and run a nightclub from my parking garage lol

seriously, the trunk idea would be kind of cool..... i could even use my car in some drinking and driving ads....

i dont think that 15's would fit.... unless i take out the spare tire and jack... do you guys recommend doing that?

also, my trunk is where the map dvd reader is.... how do i disconnect it and move it to, say, under the middle of my backseats

Archived