Brakes Break

hiemsnox

so i just got my slotted and drilled roters in yesterday and i was just getting started on my first brake.. it was the rear driver and on the first caliper bolt... it snapped!!!...so no i need to decide if i should just replace all the calipers or just the one with the stuck bolt... cause the others as far as i checked are almost all seized up... these things SUCK i really would love to replace them all but i dont know if i have anymore arms and legs left. :(

so i just got my slotted and drilled roters in yesterday and i was just getting started on my first brake.. it was the rear driver and on the first caliper bolt... it snapped!!!...so no i need to decide if i should just replace all the calipers or just the one with the stuck bolt... cause the others as far as i checked are almost all seized up... these things SUCK i really would love to replace them all but i dont know if i have anymore arms and legs left. :(

Are you using PB blaster to loosen up bolts? Soak them several times during the day, then hit in morning, then remove them! PB will save your life! Also do you have a air impact?

ya i got a impact... where can i get some PB?

usually walmart.

to add if you do replace your calipers go with some ATE calipers thats if they make em for your knuckles. but imho you should rebuild the calipers you have now, since money is tight.

my problem was close. i also have the slotted and cross drilled rotors and got one cracked cause the brake line seized causing caliber to stay agaist the rotor over time it got hot and cracked.how much u pay for the rotors? are those the ebay specials hhaa. on my project sol im just going slotted only. but change brake line if your going to change the caliber brake line is 26. bucks i believe caliber is not much more. then new pads and your good to go. do it right dont half ass it.here is my thread where i had the similar issue. http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=31288 And a good luck to u. air tools ftw

you can take your calipers to napa and they will buy them back to refurbish and give you brand new OEM ones

Personally I would run slotted rotors, but not drilled! :thumbsup:

I have slotted/dimpled on the rear of my sol, they work good IMO (and yes, I know 70-80% of braking is up front!). But great improvement over what I had, a seized caliper and rotors down to the metal! :sleep2: I bought rear calipers for $70 a piece, rebuilt fronts for $15 a piece, those rebuild kits were from Honda, only place I could find them.

only brembo blanks for me. you do need some heat in your brakes to stop. especially when you're running hawk hp+ pads. you can actually tell when you get in and drive in the morning that it wont stop properlly until you've got some heat in them.

Archived