Post your boring homework

tallhamer88

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of my next assignments is to write a multi-threaded program to calculate the dot product of any two matrices. Fun fun.

put mathcad on a disc and turn it in and say your an over achiever

david.. there is thermo and then there is heat transfer

im in thermo 2 now (being awesome in it too).. i have heat transfer next semester i believe

put mathcad on a disc and turn it in and say your an over achiever

Ha I like that idea, but I wouldn't have the source code, and I highly doubt it would be multi-threaded. I've written a program before to perform matrix operations. However, making it multi-threaded is the key.

• 2 weeks later...
david.. there is thermo and then there is heat transfer

im in thermo 2 now (being awesome in it too).. i have heat transfer next semester i believe

What you call Heat Transfer we call Thermal Design over here. These classes are really just having a firm conceptual grasp and keeping all the units together. I think 90% of what people call hard is just that they focus too much on the numbers and not the units.

actually heat transfer is a whole entire other course

it goes like this:

thermodynamics -> applied thermodynamics -> heat transfer

We have Thermo 1 & 2, Energy Conversion, Cryogenic Systems, ICE, HA&R, then Thermal Design (for ME's). EE's, BME's, IE's, ChemE's, CE's, get most of that and their own specifics.

Archived