Post your boring homework

tallhamer88

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill gladly trade for some pre calc...

1. Problem 3-23 (f)

Find the second moment of area, the location of the neutral axis and the distances from the neutral axis to the top and bottom surfaces. Supppose a positive bending moment of 10 kip is applied; find the resulting stresses at the top and bottom surfaces and at every abrupt change in cross section.

2. Problem 3-28

The figure illustrates a pin tightely fitted into a hole of a substantial member. A usual analysis is one that assumes concentrated reactions R and M at distance l from F. Suppose the reaction is distributed linearly along distance a. Is the resulting moment reaction larger or smaller than the concentrated reaction? What is the loading intensity q? what do you think of using the usual assumption

3. Problem 3-37

Two 12 in long thin rectangular steel strips are placed together as shown Using a maximum allowable shear stress of 12,000 psi determine the maximum torque and angular twist and the torsional spring rate. Compare these with single strip of cross section 1 in by 1/8 in.

ill gladly trade for some pre calc...

1. Problem 3-23 (f)

Find the second moment of area, the location of the neutral axis and the distances from the neutral axis to the top and bottom surfaces. Supppose a positive bending moment of 10 kip is applied; find the resulting stresses at the top and bottom surfaces and at every abrupt change in cross section.

2. Problem 3-28

The figure illustrates a pin tightely fitted into a hole of a substantial member. A usual analysis is one that assumes concentrated reactions R and M at distance l from F. Suppose the reaction is distributed linearly along distance a. Is the resulting moment reaction larger or smaller than the concentrated reaction? What is the loading intensity q? what do you think of using the usual assumption

3. Problem 3-37

Two 12 in long thin rectangular steel strips are placed together as shown Using a maximum allowable shear stress of 12,000 psi determine the maximum torque and angular twist and the torsional spring rate. Compare these with single strip of cross section 1 in by 1/8 in.

what class is that for.. it sounds almost like the stuff in mechanics of solids but with extra stuff added?

We just got done with stress and started stain in solids and i have my first test tomorrow in there and my first test in physics

actually no i cant. thats why there are solution manuals

i <3 solution manuals... too bad even with one i got a 41/60 on my homework cause i didnt realize the guy was so picky about little things i forgot cause it was 3 am :rant:

Ill do better next time

what class is that for.. it sounds almost like the stuff in mechanics of solids but with extra stuff added?

We just got done with stress and started stain in solids and i have my first test tomorrow in there and my first test in physics

i <3 solution manuals... too bad even with one i got a 41/60 on my homework cause i didnt realize the guy was so picky about little things i forgot cause it was 3 am :rant:

Ill do better next time

yeah this is the class after that. right now this is all "review" that none of us really know how to do yet. test on monday, should be a stellar performance. what book are you guys using for that class?

probably the only thing ive really learned in college is how to get a solution manual fast and cheap.

So this is my practice test question for my mechanics of solids class and the answer provided:

fail.jpg

I was like WTF WHY AM I NOT GETTING THE SAME NUMBERS!

then i realized they fail

i think lina and hisairness might be the only ones who understand why thats amusing but the people completly screwed up getting the area on some of them and completly screwed up getting the right force (i underlined the stuff in red lol)

oh and this is the same class my homework had points taken off for not having units on a couple things in the problem.. they completly forgot the units on some of them.. or just screwed them up.. leading to screwing up the numbers.. leading to screwing up the rest of the problem because they needed the right numbers in the first place.. so yes they suck at life i think

and someone asked the teacher about it and he was like 'oh thats wrong...'

So this is my practice test question for my mechanics of solids class and the answer provided:

fail.jpg

I was like WTF WHY AM I NOT GETTING THE SAME NUMBERS!

then i realized they fail

i think lina and hisairness might be the only ones who understand why thats amusing but the people completly screwed up getting the area on some of them and completly screwed up getting the right force (i underlined the stuff in red lol)

oh and this is the same class my homework had points taken off for not having units on a couple things in the problem.. they completly forgot the units on some of them.. or just screwed them up.. leading to screwing up the numbers.. leading to screwing up the rest of the problem because they needed the right numbers in the first place.. so yes they suck at life i think

and someone asked the teacher about it and he was like 'oh thats wrong...'

oh yeah i remember that stuff, its sooooo much fun. and then they add angled welds and screws and torsions and all kinds of garbage that you dont care about. have you gotten to the mohrs circle yet?

I guess I should make a contribution. It is not boring homework, it is my job, and yes I like it. Note to the not yet wise, even after you graduate, if you want to get ahead, you still have to study like you're still in school.

Turpentine content of aqueous mixtures is detrmined by vapor phase chromatography, using a 10% Carbowax column and dual-flame detector after establishing internal standard factors separately for C-ten hydrocarbons and C-ten alcohols.

That was a completely random quote.

I have to write a 300 word essay once a week for two different classes. Do you know what 300 words is???? Like...one page, double spaced LOL!

These general elective classes make my CS classes look like brain surgery.

Oh btw, sweet pic seb. You fully modeled and textured all of that?

Archived