Post your boring homework

tallhamer88

three prismatic bars, two of material A and one of material B transmit a tensile load P. the two outer bars are identical. the cross sectional area of the middle bar is 50% larger than the cross sectional area of one of the outer bars. also the modulus of elasticity of material A is twice that of material B

a) what fraction of the load P is transmitted by the middle bar

b) what is the ratio of the stress in the middle bar to the stress in the outer bars

c) what is the ratio of strain in the middle bar to the strain in the outer bars.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did your marathon go ^?

My hw:

Calculate the determinant of the matrix

3 0 4

2 3 2

0 5 -1

Took a break from it yesterday, now resuming it until the simpsons are on :thumbsup:

picture1rj6.png

failed this criminology test so restudyn and i dont even wanna do it its like dammit. i gotta study some more argh. also got another test in my terrorism class and have no idea what to really study lol. the teacher is a nut case lol.

• 3 months later...

^ 2 maybe?

im in diff eq. and never even understood that basic stuff haha

this is my question in physics: "the potential energies associated with four orientations of an electric field dipole in an electric field are.... etc.. rank the orientation according to the angle between the electric dipole moment p and the electric field E and the magnitude of the torque on the electric dipole, greatest first."

i hate physics and calculus

^ 2 maybe?

im in diff eq. and never even understood that basic stuff haha

this is my question in physics: "the potential energies associated with four orientations of an electric field dipole in an electric field are.... etc.. rank the orientation according to the angle between the electric dipole moment p and the electric field E and the magnitude of the torque on the electric dipole, greatest first."

i hate physics and calculus

unfortunately that physics is going more into detail than the one i took...it was more-so base on radiology.

I've got an 8 page paper due sometime next month about the effects of ionizing radiation on human beings..I plan to do my subject on the experimental radiation testing on humans in the 50's.

Archived