NEED ADVICE on aftermarket exhaust!!

Ronco85

Yeah I've recently bought my 98 Civic EX with and aftermarket 2" exhaust with a high flow catilytic converter. My CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is on because of no O2 sensor after the cat. If I were to just buy a new O2 sensor after the converter, would that take care of the ENGINE LIGHT?? Or will I need to buy a new sensor AND converter??

Yeah I've recently bought my 98 Civic EX with and aftermarket 2" exhaust with a high flow catilytic converter. My CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is on because of no O2 sensor after the cat. If I were to just buy a new O2 sensor after the converter, would that take care of the ENGINE LIGHT?? Or will I need to buy a new sensor AND converter??

It depends on if your car has an actual high flow cat such as magnaflow, catco, or random technologies or if it has the so-called high flow cat from ebay that is in reality a resonated straight pipe.

If it has a true high flow catalytic converter then you should be fine assuming it's in good condition. If it's the ebay type then you'll need to get an actual cat.

It depends on if your car has an actual high flow cat such as magnaflow, catco, or random technologies or if it has the so-called high flow cat from ebay that is in reality a resonated straight pipe.

If it has a true high flow catalytic converter then you should be fine assuming it's in good condition. If it's the ebay type then you'll need to get an actual cat.

Yeah it's pretty much just a straight pipe, thanx

Archived