The accord on gas mileage

CleanGSR

I did have that old 86 monte I built with a 4bolt main. bored 30 over with built heads, 10.5:1 pistons, a wicked cam that loped so bad the front end wobbled when I was stopped at a light, wiend intake with an edelbrock 4bbl 750....I loved that car. Lightyears away from a Honda.

Never checked the mileage, but on a 120 mile trip from home to college I had to stop for gas twice.

Sorry, twas a shade off original topic but I had to get that out there....I miss that car.

I love being able to rev a vehicle and have it shake like someone's rocking it from the outside lol.

Or idle, yes I said idle, down a city street and set off every car alarm you pass. Race headers with no additional piping and two Cadillac replacement mufflers directly bolted to the headers (largest, quietest mufflers we could find from advance auto) couldn't quiet that beast down enough to keep from getting me a ticket when I was stopped at a light.

Wow....you guys seriously screwed up my mpg tracking thread. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Back to my topic, I just hit 400 miles this tank and am a little less than halfway between 1/4 and empty. I'll probably drive home (another 40 miles) before filling since gas is about 10cents cheaper there. I'm thinking this tank will be closer to 30mpg but I'm dropping my speed from 70 to 65 (started already actually) for the next tank to see how that improves FE.

I'm also thinking about getting a scangauge II to help me improve my mpg by being able to monitor my driving habits. Anybody on here use the ScanGauge II before???

Want to end up with a scanguage, but being laid off has a lot of consequences. They have a deal on them periodically if you join cleanmpg.com.

Yeah, I just joined and see that their group buy usually sells them for about 150 shipped versus the 160 shipped they normally sell for. For only $10 I'd rather just order one rather than waiting for a group buy to end.

I've got somebody to buy the stock del sol wheels from me for $135 so I should be able to throw a little with that to get the Scangauge soon (hopefully). Of course I still need about $50 worth of ATF so who knows.

Be careful, it will get addictive. All that saving of the money...

I find myself trying to eek out mileage driving the truck too. When I stop and think about it I get quite depressed.

Archived