Knocking or clicking noise from engine

97 Ranger with the 2.3l 4cylinder. Just did a plugs/wires and filter change as well as an oil change. I've done a little research and the only thing I could think of is either the wires are in the wrong firing order (not plugged into the cap in the right place apparently) which would be an easy fix but how do I know the order? Or the point game of the plugs is not set but I'd rather not do this untill unless someone else thinks that is the problem and there isn't easier things to check first?

As is the truck starts/runs fine just a knocking/clicking noise constant at idle and all though not as loud is still heard when driving.

97 Ranger with the 2.3l 4cylinder. Just did a plugs/wires and filter change as well as an oil change. I've done a little research and the only thing I could think of is either the wires are in the wrong firing order (not plugged into the cap in the right place apparently) which would be an easy fix but how do I know the order? Or the point game of the plugs is not set but I'd rather not do this untill unless someone else thinks that is the problem and there isn't easier things to check first?

As is the truck starts/runs fine just a knocking/clicking noise constant at idle and all though not as loud is still heard when driving.

Google firing order! Had to do it myself on my MAzda! :thumbsup:

Archived